A good amp for ..classical??
Jan 19, 2010 at 6:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

keithdn

Head-Fier
I won't dare ask for the "best" anything, but I am curious about opinions concerning the following amps.

Darkvoice 336SE
Little Dot MKIII
Meier-Audio Corda Swing

My gear: Senn HD600s with Blue Dragon, and Marantz SA8260. I know, after all my years registered and lurking here, you must be wondering why the hell I don't have a better setup! The truth is, I think what I have sounds very good TO ME, and I haven't personally heard anything higher-end. And, perhaps most importantly, I prefer to spend a thousand or two no my system and many thousands on more music, rather than vice-versa.

I listen to about 85-90% classical, a good chunk of (psy)trance and a little bit of everything else. I am leaning towards the Corda Swing, but am curious if anyone would think I could specifically benefit from tubes considering my gear and music choices. I wouldn't plan on rolling tubes too much, perhaps just enough to satisfy my curiosity.

Any opinions?? Thank-you very much!

Keith

Jan 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #2 of 3
I keep recommending my own gear, but the CTH is a beautiful little hybrid DIY amp that would easily drive your HD600. With the right tube, it will sound wonderful. You occasionally find them on the boards here for around $250.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back