A couple questions on the RE0's that I'm unclear on
Oct 24, 2009 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

luciobar1980

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, thinking of splurging on these (though I should save my money!
atsmile.gif
)

1) Are these worth getting if I will use them unamped? I've heard they are better amped, but how much better?

2) I am confused, as some of the pictures show a rubber cable and some show a textured cable. Which is more durable, and which one is the curent model using if I order them now?

3) Does anyone know how long these will be on sale at $99 for?

Thanks guys!

Oct 24, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #2 of 16
1) It really depends on how well your source is. I would like to think most source (including iPod) can drive it well, but not 100%. If I have to make an number up (and that comes with BIG margin of error), I'll say Nano4 can push it to 75% and Fuze is about 85%. However, it is usually the last 10% we are looking for in the audiophiles world.

2) It will come with PPE rubber cable and should be more durable than the two versions before, at least on theory.

3) No body else but Fang @ Head-Direct knows.

Oct 26, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #5 of 16
x3

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1) It really depends on how well your source is. I would like to think most source (including iPod) can drive it well, but not 100%. If I have to make an number up (and that comes with BIG margin of error), I'll say Nano4 can push it to 75% and Fuze is about 85%. However, it is usually the last 10% we are looking for in the audiophiles world.

2) It will come with PPE rubber cable and should be more durable than the two versions before, at least on theory.

3) No body else but Fang @ Head-Direct knows.

Agreed. No matter how durable the cable it, it's lifespan also depends on how well you care of it.

Oct 26, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #7 of 16
I use them unamped on a Rockboxed Sansa e260 and they sound awesome. I don't think I would say the same, though, without the EQ.

Oct 26, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #8 of 16
I use them unamped on a Rockboxed Sansa e260 and they sound awesome. I don't think I would say the same, though, without EQ.

Oct 26, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #9 of 16
The REO's do look like excellent earphones - does anyone know if Head-direct ship to the UK? I can't see on their website if they do or not

Oct 26, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by luciobar1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, thinking of splurging on these (though I should save my money!
atsmile.gif
)

1) Are these worth getting if I will use them unamped? I've heard they are better amped, but how much better?

IMHO with a good amp, they can sound up to 20-30% better.
With my Meier Audio Corda 2Move, i notice much wider soundstage, mids are more natural and slightly warmer, overall definition is noticeable because everything souds less compressed.
I think the RE0 sounds very good straight from my Cowon D2 (on pair than a lot of other IEM i tried), but it's really much better with an amp.

Oct 26, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #11 of 16
U.S. order will be shipped from NY, everywhere else from China. Yes, they do ship to U.K..

Oct 26, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaeO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The REO's do look like excellent earphones - does anyone know if Head-direct ship to the UK? I can't see on their website if they do or not

They ship worldwide.
If you clic "buy", it will ask if you're in US or "rest of the world", so there are no restrictions i think.

Oct 26, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #13 of 16
They do ship to the UK, mine took about 6 days to arrive here.

Can't speak for "proper" amps, but using just a Fiio E5 it does improve the sound a bit..maybe about 10%-ish.. The bass boost switch is really what helps the most it doesn't make it anymore detailed for me anyway.

Mine came with the nylon type cable - when I bought them about 2 months ago. Didn't sound too good at first but after a few days sounded very very good and still do
normal_smile .gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #14 of 16
unamped, it sounds good. couldn't help but wonder how much better it will be with an amp >
smily_headphones1.gif

also, i got the one with the new cable. i dunno how to describe it but i think/feel it is durable. however, as one of our friends said above, it all depends on how you take care of your cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back