A Coda and an Overture from HeadRoom
Jun 27, 2005 at 8:47 PM Post #452 of 481
Hello Coda Owners,

If you would like the free upgrade to the Micro or Desktop Module, the time is now. You have until August 31 to send in your amp. One to two week turnaround. Please include a small note indicating which Module you prefer and ship it to:

HeadRoom
Attn: Coda Upgrades
2020 Gilkerson Dr.
Bozeman, MT 59715

If you have any questions please e-mail me jamey@headphone.com or call 1-800-828-8184

Much appreciated,
Jamey

Jun 27, 2005 at 9:17 PM Post #453 of 481
well it certainly is a happy day for us santa cruzans. i just looked at the fedex site and my microdac arrived not a half hour ago, and im sure my friend mr. malmsteen will be pretty excited about this long awaited news. you guys are the best, seriously.

rj

Jul 10, 2005 at 5:16 PM Post #454 of 481
My apologies if this isn't exactly the right place for this, but I figure since you guys paid for this thread, I might as well use it! Also, my question's about the Micro Switch, which is neither headphone, nor amp, nor source, etc., so I wouldn't know where else to ask. I notice the Micro Switch isn't even mentioned on the HeadRoom website anymore. What's the scoop? I'm dying to order the Micro DAC but I had decided to just wait for the Switch and get both at the same time, as Tyll mentioned a summer release - does the dropping of the Switch from the website mean a delay or something? Thanks.

Jul 11, 2005 at 1:10 AM Post #455 of 481
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_T
My apologies if this isn't exactly the right place for this

It's as close as it gets.

Quote:

I notice the Micro Switch isn't even mentioned on the HeadRoom website anymore.

It isn't!? Subterfuge! The folks at the shop probably chickened out at the "Summer" deadline. It probably wouldn't make it either. I'd guess October might be reasonable. About the same time for the strap, too. It's me slowing that one down; I have to draw out the tool for the press that will bend the metal in the kickstand. It's a matter of focus really, we still have a lot of work to do to get the Home and Max lines up---me again writing---but many other things, too. We really can't focus too hard on the switch until we finish the products at hand. But it's next, or very close to it, on the list; I wouldn't be holding my breath for it though.

Now....I've really broken the rules with this post, at least in my view, becaust these are s'posed to be one topic threads. I could make a case that the Coda/Overture thread is about the HeadRoom change, the Coda/Overture - Micro Amp DAC transition, and that this falls reasonably in line, but I'll also admit it's a stretch. So I'll beg for mercy as I intend to buy a "New Product Line Q&A Thread" (essentially to get a grip on filling in the gaps on my HeadRoom site writing) as soon as I get back from the West Coast portion of the trip.

Jul 11, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #456 of 481
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
We really can't focus too hard on the switch until we finish the products at hand. But it's next, or very close to it, on the list; I wouldn't be holding my breath for it though.
So I'll beg for mercy...

You'll beg for mercy? You guys are killing me!
biggrin.gif
But I understand - really I do. My first concern would be the high-end gear as well, were I in your place. So I won't ask you any more questions in this thread, and I guess I'll just have to go ahead and order the DAC now and Switch when it comes out. As for you talking about other products in this Coda/Overture thread, well, you can blame it on me. I'd have PM'd you, but I'm sure there are others who were wondering the same thing. Thanks for the update.

Jul 11, 2005 at 5:52 PM Post #457 of 481
Hi Joey,

Are you out there? Your Coda has been upgraded but you didn't send us your return address. Please call me. 1-800-828-8184.

Thanks,
Jamey

Jul 13, 2005 at 11:31 AM Post #458 of 481
Ok maybe this will sound silly but... does the micro have a kensington style lock? You know, for those of us that work in big offices and don't trust leaving stuff around...

Jul 14, 2005 at 9:50 PM Post #459 of 481
Quote:

Originally Posted by alfo
Ok maybe this will sound silly but... does the micro have a kensington style lock? You know, for those of us that work in big offices and don't trust leaving stuff around...

I, too, wish all the headphone amps had some sort of lock like this! Not that I live or work in a theft-rampant environment, but better safe than sorry.

Jul 15, 2005 at 4:09 PM Post #460 of 481
So I got my desktop-module updated Coda back today, and I've got to say WOW!! Right out of the box it sounds fantastic!! Thanks again to all the folks at HeadRoom for giving us early adaptors this option...it's a very generous offer.
smily_headphones1.gif

A quick question for Tyll, Jamie, Joe Woj or whomever: is there a way to back the gain off a bit? I know that the desktop modules have switches for gain, but my Coda has no slot for the switch
frown.gif
. I was wondering if it's in there, and if so could I back mine off a notch?

Jul 15, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #461 of 481
This is a good question. When I send my Coda back, I would like the gain reduced also if possible.

Jul 15, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #462 of 481
I got mine back today, too. I would say that there is a touch more bass and the highs seem a little more "effortless" (I'll leave the real comparisons to someone more suited to such things). Bad news lan; there is noticeably more gain, and it tends to pass through the lower volume levels pretty quickly. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if it had enough juice for k1000s, which is quite intriguing.

Thanks HeadRoom!!!

Jul 16, 2005 at 2:58 PM Post #463 of 481
Quote:

Originally Posted by labrat
I am just waiting for a glass Toslink-mini fiber-cable to arrive from UK, to connect the optical-out from the Sony D-EJ2000 CDP to the Overture.

Will Micro/Overture DAC dramatically improve the sound quality by connecting to optical-out on SONY D-EJ2000 PCDP comparing to use D-EJ2000's internal DAC? Just wondering anyone did some comparison?
600smile.gif

Jul 16, 2005 at 5:47 PM Post #464 of 481
Quote:

Originally Posted by applegd
Will Micro/Overture DAC dramatically improve the sound quality by connecting to optical-out on SONY D-EJ2000 PCDP comparing to use D-EJ2000's internal DAC? Just wondering anyone did some comparison?
600smile.gif

It's a night and day improvement when using the D-EJ1000 (which I'm pretty sure is essentially the same). It's going to be a major improvement over ANY PDCP dac, I'd think.

Jul 16, 2005 at 6:08 PM Post #465 of 481
All of the Sony PCDP's (for the past several years) use what they refer to as a 1 bit quartz time-axis control DAC. That's why although features vary on different model numbers, the sound doesn't. I'm using a D-NE920 with the Micro DAC and there's just no comparison. The Micro DAC spanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back