A bold statement about the K-1000...
Apr 8, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #76 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, one thing about the K1000 is driving me nuts. Every few minutes or whenever I move my head, a hair pokes through the grilles and starts to rattle on the speakes. Every few minutes I have to remove and replace them to unhook the errant hair. I don't have particularly long hair but it is wavy and tends to go wherever it wants, which right now is into my K1Ks!

Are there any remedies or foam covers to slip over the grilles that anyone knows of? It's making me crazy.

tadaaaaahhh!
k1000smile.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=207005

Apr 9, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #77 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by KrooLism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone got a K-1000 system here that is amped by more than the Aleph, Sig 30 or F1? Perhaps something that cost as much as the Orpheus?

Long time no post here.

I currently have a what I consider to be a 'decent' rig. AKG K1000s > 2 x Tube Technology Genesis Monoblocks (Gold Aero EL34's) > Krell MD10 Transport / Studio DAC

Can't honestly say that i've heard better. Surely there's soemthing better but I don't if better is really better or just different? Phones are very much a personal thing and what sound good to some are just plain awful to others. Horses for courses and all that.

Hope that makes sense?

BTW, thanks to JAMESP for welching on the deal to buy my K1000's. He has just made realise how good these are
k1000smile.gif

Apr 9, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #78 of 78
As an all around headphone, I don't agree with the K1000 being even close to the best. I drove the K1000 with several amps including the Grace 901, Portal Panache, Mark Levinson No. 383, and the Raptor. The ML 383 was easily the best but I rather use it on my Revel M20 speakers which are far more enjoyable IMO than the K1000's. I enjoyed the K1000's on my best recordings very much but for the average CD in my collection they were far too lean. I felt like I was analyzing the music rather than enjoying it. With the Panache and the 383, the bass was actually very good. The Grace 901 was extremely lean and not enjoyable at all. I'm sure the FirstWatt amps are better but I felt it would not be worth it to go there. Overall, I rather listen to my K701s or K340s driven by the Raptor for most of my CDs so I ended up selling the K1000s. That is my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back