Jan 7, 2017 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

pinoyman

1000+ Head-Fier
The Singolo.
The Doppio.
The Tenore.

A 3 way Review and Comparisons.
Iems from Zero Audio.

First off, id like to say THANK YOU for the patience and generosity of Mr. Markv Tonescientist of SONIC GADGETS for providing me units for the purpose of this review.

AESTHETICS:

SINGOLO.
A beautiful looking pill.
This one reminds me of my previous iem the ue700 by ultimate ears.
All edges on its body is round and its easy to hold. The strain relief is small and a bit worrysome. You have to be extra careful not to hold it in the strain relief but in the phone only. The metal body looks strong enough to withstand daily beats.

DOPPIO.
The tank like brother. Bigger, larger and bolder than SINGOLO. The nozzle mouth that holds the silicon is plated in gold which adds luxury to its looks. Among the 3 iems, only the DOPPIO has the dependable longer strain relief. Though it is bigger than the bunch, its still lighter just like its siblings.

TENORE.
Though white and neat looking, the tail of the phone of the tenore is edgy compared to the smooth rounded end of SINGOLO. This is the first batch iem that was first release by ZERO AUDIO along with the BASSO. Only the Tenore has the hole in top of its tail. The Strain relief is same as the SINGOLO's.

All wires are thin starting from phones to Y-splitter then became thicker from Y-splitter to jack. All phone's body is wrap in the ZERO AUDIO's signature carbon fiber stickers which makes them stand out among the competitor's aesthetic design. . It paints beauty and elegance. All jacks are angled and simple looking.

SOUND
GEAR used: AUNE m2s dap

A. BIZARRE LOVE TRIANGLE / Frente
The track has a blacker background with a female vocals and a guitar only. The duozo prooved to be the most efficient of the 3. The SINGOLO and TENORE needs more volume boosts. The TENORE sounds soft, thin and a little distant, the SINGOLO is more clinicial and closer, romantic, more in your face kind of sig. Soundstage is more far from TENORE, closer SINGOLO. Strums of the guitar is more convinvcing on the SINGOLO. DUOZA is fuller sounding between the 3. "TSSTTT" on the female vocals is mild on TENORE, SINGOLO and DOPPIO. DOPPIO and SINGOLO is much closer sounding, the share the similarities on the signature. Only, the DOPPIO prooves to be more capable in terms of details, clarity and soundstage, it easily portrays its ability to handle the track with ease. SINGOLO may seem to capture the emotions correctly on this track, the DOPPIO is more ahead of its siblings and easily trumps the two.

B. GRAVITY / Sara Bareilles / Live album
Lets start off to DOPPIO, man i cant put this phone down. I really love its overall performance : reverb of the piano in the concert hall, echoes of soaring high notes of miss Sara Bareilles. I find the mids to be on the bright side. Bass is light and full but never weighty, not for bassheads. Same goes for the SINGOLO and TENORE. If youre a basshead, i suggest TFZ series iems are better in this regard. Now, compared to DOPPIO, the SINGOLO is quite there but still lacks the spaces provided by the DOPPIO, the DOPPIO is more roomy, everything breathes freely. SINGOLO seems to sound similar but it lacks that space, making the performance crammed and is like in a small room, still perfect in vocals. In TENORE, soft as usual. This is good for people who like mild music and doesnt want lively and too upfront performances. Compared to DOPPIO, the difference is night and day.

C. TILL THEY TAKE MY HEART AWAY / Claire Marlo
TENORE. I pushed the volume to hear more from it. Treble sparks a little, not extended to give enough life to the tracks, the bass is weak but the midbass is fools you to be existent in the track to compensate in the loss sub bass and extenstions. It is quite fast, music just pass fast, no lingering definition of emotions in the music. This may be classified as what we call "casual" listening, and good at it. The nature of the signature is relax. It fits more to matured people who are sensitive to too much bass and treble spikes. Going now to SINGOLO, i have to turn the volume down a bit, the sound is involving and everything is lively and engaging. The treble plays a big role in giving life to the instruments without ever getting sibilant. Drum hits hard and convincingly natural, bass may be lacking but it doesnt affect the overall performance, it still provides quality kind but fast bass. Natural and pleasing. Same goes to TENORE. Nothing artifcial at least. Now on to DOPPIO, details are richer from the start. Treble shines sweetly than the other two iems. Its never as close and in your face kind like SINGOLO. The provided breathing space is pleasing. Its like a groping hand has been lifted from my neck, and the first breathe of air is satisfying. Compared to the other two, this one has given me contentment in my music listening.

CONCLUSION

All iems from ZERO AUDIO has already found a place in the heart of audiophiles. Everyone will agree. Somehow they have manage to provide us GREAT iems for their price value.

They have iems for every particular persons in the community. Wether youre a seasonal-casual listener who favors mild flavor, behaved treble and bass in quantity, the TENORE is for you. Wether you love engaging and lively signature - the SINGOLO. Both are perfect already for your music pleasure... you will hear the difference from your stock or usual off the shelves brand of iems. Or the better pair, for really critical and audiophile level - the DOPPIO. Its in a different league. I consider it a not the BEST but a BEAST!

Overall, all iems performed admiradbly for their asking price.
Free from sibilance, no bass bleeds, bass bloats and treble spikes.
They are all easy to like. And price friendly.
They can serve as an introduction to your audio journey, on whats in store for audiophiles.

In my review, i have been quite fond of using the DOPPIO more. I find it more pleasing overall, very capable iem that could extract details from your source then all you have to do is sit, enjoy and relax. Personally it has brought more enjoyment to me. But of course, we pay additional price for it. But is it the best best iem? There is no best. There are only - great. If ia high price tag is you have to pay for the luxurious performance and contentment, i wouldnt hesitate to give my money for it, because i know i could really benefit from it. And thats what makes it among the top of great iems out there. Of course, not everyone will fit in the bill, you have to hear it yourself to say which is the one for you. The dynamic range and micro details, soundstage and reverbs are nothing short of excellent. Definitely recommended for audiophile levels.

Every line ups perform differently.
They all vary.
So i say, GOODLUCK to all music enthusiasts. May you find your own kind of iem. :)
The nozzle mouth that holds the silicon is plated in gold which adds luxury to its looks. Among the 3 iems, only the DUOZA has the dependable longer strain relief. Though it is bigger than the bunch, its still lighter just like its siblings.

TENORE.
Though white and neat looking, the tail of the phone of the tenore is edgy compared to the smooth rounded end of SINGOLO. This is the first batch iem that was first release by ZERO AUDIO along with the BASSO. Only the Tenore has the hole in top of its tail. The Strain relief is same as the SINGOLO's.

All wires are thin starting from phones to Y-splitter then became thicker from Y-splitter to jack. All phone's body is wrap in the ZERO AUDIO's signature carbon fiber stickers which makes them stand out among the competitor's aesthetic design. . It paints beauty and elegance. All jacks are angled and simple looking.

SOUND
GEAR used: AUNE m2s dap

A. BIZARRE LOVE TRIANGLE / Frente
The track has a blacker background with a female vocals and a guitar only. The duozo prooved to be the most efficient of the 3. The SINGOLO and TENORE needs more volume boosts. The TENORE sounds soft, thin and a little distant, the SINGOLO is more clinicial and closer, romantic, more in your face kind of sig. Soundstage is more far from TENORE, closer SINGOLO. Strums of the guitar is more convinvcing on the SINGOLO. DUOZA is fuller sounding between the 3. "TSSTTT" on the female vocals is mild on TENORE, SINGOLO and DUOZA. DUOZA and SINGOLO is much closer sounding, the share the similarities on the signature. Only, the DUOZA prooves to be more capable in terms of details, clarity and soundstage, it easily portrays its ability to handle the track with ease. SINGOLO may seem to capture the emotions correctly on this track, the DUOZA is more ahead of its siblings and easily trumps the two.

B. GRAVITY / Sara Bareilles / Live album
Lets start off to DUOZA, man i cant put this phone down. I really love its overall performance : reverb of the piano in the concert hall, echoes of soaring high notes of miss Sara Bareilles. I find the mids to be on the bright side. Bass is light and full but never weighty, not for bassheads. Same goes for the SINGOLO and TENORE. If youre a basshead, i suggest TFZ series iems are better in this regard. Now, compared to DUOZA, the SINGOLO is quite there but still lacks the spaces provided by the DUOZA, the DUOZA is more roomy, everything breathes freely. SINGOLO seems to sound similar but it lacks that space, making the performance crammed and is like in a small room, still perfect in vocals. In TENORE, soft as usual. This is good for people who like mild music and doesnt want lively and too upfront performances. Compared to DUOZA, the difference is night and day.

C. TILL THEY TAKE MY HEART AWAY / Claire Marlowe
TENORE. I pushed the volume to hear more from it. Treble sparks a little, not extended to give enough life to the tracks, the bass is weak but the midbass is fools you to be existent in the track to compensate in the loss sub bass and extenstions. It is quite fast, music just pass fast, no lingering definition of emotions in the music. This may be classified as what we call "casual" listening, and good at it. The nature of the signature is relax. It fits more to matured people who are sensitive to too much bass and treble spikes. Going now to SINGOLO, i have to turn the volume down a bit, the sound is involving and everything is lively and engaging. The treble plays a big role in giving life to the instruments without ever getting sibilant. Drum hits hard and convincingly natural, bass may be lacking but it doesnt affect the overall performance, it still provides quality kind but fast bass. Natural and pleasing. Same goes to TENORE. Nothing artifcial at least. Now on to DUOZA, details are richer from the start. Treble shines sweetly than the other two iems. Its never as close and in your face kind like SINGOLO. The provided breathing space is pleasing. Its like a groping hand has been lifted from my neck, and the first breathe of air is satisfying. Compared to the other two, this one has given me contentment in my music listening.

CONCLUSION

All iems from ZERO AUDIO has already found a place in the heart of audiophiles. Everyone will agree. Somehow they have manage to provide us GREAT iems for their price value.

They have iems for every particular persons in the community. Wether youre a seasonal-casual listener who favors mild flavor, behaved treble and bass in quantity, the TENORE is for you. Wether you love engaging and lively signature - the SINGOLO. Or the better pair, for really critical and audiophile level - the DUOZA.

Overall, i find the iems to be good performers.
No sibilance, no bass bleeds, bass bloats and treble spikes.
They are all easy to like. And price friendly.
They can serve as an introduction to your audio journey, on whats in store for audiophiles.

In my review, i have been quiet fond of using the DUOZA more. I find it more pleasing overall, very capable iem that could extract details from your source then all you have to do is sit, enjoy and relax. Personally it has brought more enjoyment to me. But of course, we pay additional price for it. But is it the best best iem? There is no best. There are only - great. If ia high price tag is you have to pay for the luxurious performance and contentment, i wouldnt hesitate to give my money for it, because i know i could really benefit from it. And thats what makes it among the top of great iems out there. Of course, not everyone will fit in the bill, you have to hear it yourself to say which is the one for you.

Every line ups perform differently.
They all vary.
So i say, GOODLUCK to all music enthusiasts. May you find your own kind of iem. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back