$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Jul 6, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #6,061 of 6,550
Do you M owners listen more in charge mode given the battery life? Is there a difference in performance when listening with USB power?
During home-office, I have the Calyx M in charge mode. Otherwise, I listen to it with X-Batt and the sound is the same.

Jul 6, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #6,064 of 6,550
$599.00 SGD Jaben Singapore on website.$430 USD.
Talking about a fantastic deal (my 3rd unit is on its way...this one will be modded)

Jul 6, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #6,065 of 6,550
3 Oo like 1 2 3 lol

Jul 8, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #6,067 of 6,550
Has anyone who ordered from Jaben heard anything? I ordered on Monday and have had no status update.
Same here, but they always delivered so far. I will contact them

Jul 9, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #6,069 of 6,550
Order shipped!

Now should I get the max external storage specified for the M, 256GB SD + 128GB micro SD, or can higher capacity cards be used in the M?
Im using a 512 SD card and a 256 micro card...no probs.I have had the calyx m since it first came out.
It can take a while to index tracks with larger capacity cards that are full.
I don't have the 1 TB cards.

Jul 13, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #6,072 of 6,550
Jul 25, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #6,073 of 6,550
Modding through Romi Audio sees the Calyx M getting the follwing mods (according to Dino from Romi):

"Boost up on digital signal input
And upgrade Capacitor on Analog output circuit
Also Shielding inside
Output is more powerful and clear
Keep warm and resolution up"

Jul 25, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #6,074 of 6,550
Modding through Romi Audio sees the Calyx M getting the follwing mods (according to Dino from Romi):

"Boost up on digital signal input
And upgrade Capacitor on Analog output circuit
Also Shielding inside
Output is more powerful and clear
Keep warm and resolution up"
Well, mine is already modded, that’s what they did to my Calyx M (maybe it’s exactly what they wrote to you, but their English is not the best, so I guess it’s the same). Anyways, here is what they told me:

„Your Calyx M is no change any parts ,we just add on some components and circuit inside. We mod the dac chip and line output using the current boose circuit to upgrade the soundstage ,detail , airly and dynamic. Add some caps to make the power supply to strong . And place the copper shielding paper on the pcb to kill blackgound noise .“

Soooo, my modded DAP is on the way :wink:

Jul 25, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #6,075 of 6,550
Well, mine is already modded, that’s what they did to my Calyx M (maybe it’s exactly what they wrote to you, but their English is not the best, so I guess it’s the same). Anyways, here is what they told me:

„Your Calyx M is no change any parts ,we just add on some components and circuit inside. We mod the dac chip and line output using the current boose circuit to upgrade the soundstage ,detail , airly and dynamic. Add some caps to make the power supply to strong . And place the copper shielding paper on the pcb to kill blackgound noise .“

Soooo, my modded DAP is on the way :wink:
Cool! How much did you pay for it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back