$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Apr 18, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #5,671 of 6,550
Not a believer of ROM optimisation for improvement of sound and have been reading interesting debates in Sound Science. I believe that for the DX200, you would have made some "changes" (I won't quote it as improvements as I have not heard it) due to modding the hardware/parts. However, just flashing firmware for the Calyx M to improve sound just can't get into my own logic unfortunately.

If you like an objective view of non-believer to try out your best "sound-improvement" sauce, send me your best modded firmware - whether Enhanced or Advanced version (I am sure you know how to set a time lapse if you are worried that I will passed on to other users or not paying you if I like it) and I will help you test out with no charges (I will need to spend time flashing and testing while taking a risk of voiding my warranty).

If it is really making a difference, you gain another believer who will help to market more of you products. Sounds like a good deal? :)

No problem. Just trying my luck here too. I recommend you to try free Purist ROM as it also improve device performance and increase battery life according to people's report. You can flash stock back at any time so no harm no foul. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #5,673 of 6,550
Found a nice case from Van Nuys. Pricey but superb built quality. Will look for it in Tokyo end of this month when there (this one is sample for SP1000):
1_16.jpg

May 9, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #5,674 of 6,550
Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #5,675 of 6,550
Saw this previously but didnt order as no sure if they send to Singapore?

The asking price is crazily expensive as well, and i could get the Van Nuys one (though not perfectly matching size, it can adjust the fit with the adjustable velcro strap) at the same price but much better built quality.

Why don’t you buy the original Calyx M leather case?
http://shop.audionext.de/de/Calyx-Leder-Case-fuer-Calyx-M-black?info=510

Edit: if it is the original one. It is pricey though.

May 9, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #5,676 of 6,550
Saw this previously but didnt order as no sure if they send to Singapore?

The asking price is crazily expensive as well, and i could get the Van Nuys one (though not perfectly matching size, it can adjust the fit with the adjustable velcro strap) at the same price but much better built quality.
alright, I understand and good luck!

May 22, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #5,678 of 6,550
Just received my VanNuys case and it fits the Calyx M like a glove. All the controls and connectors are accessible, yet with full protection. Best built quality that I have ever seen for a DAP case. Cool stuff!

Dunno how to post actual pictures with the Calyx M, but here's how it looks like:

Opening for control of volume and play/rewind/forward:
1_15.jpg

Top opening for 3.5mm plug and On/Off button:
1_08.jpg

Bottom opening for charging and transferring files:
1_20.jpg

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #5,679 of 6,550
Just wondering if anyone knows where to purchase a replacement battery for the calyx m I see its a 5 wire battery one but i am guessing a 3 wire can be adapted ?

May 30, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #5,680 of 6,550
Just wondering if anyone knows where to purchase a replacement battery for the calyx m I see its a 5 wire battery one but i am guessing a 3 wire can be adapted ?

What a business opportunity for someone to source batteries for the Calyx M (and other premium DAPs, DACs, etc) so, we can replace our own batteries. The batteries have to come from somewhere.

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #5,682 of 6,550
Jun 17, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #5,684 of 6,550
Hi there, let´s say I´d be on a search for a DAP that beats the sound quality of the Calyx M hands down. Where would I find that? I know there are some DAPs out there with more functionality for reasonable pricing (DX200 with swappable amps etc.), but in my opinion they are not an upgrade considering sound quality, if so then they are more of a sidegrade. Maybe the AK flagships, but I wouldn´t like to spend THAT much money. I don´t need much battery life, I don´t need fancy things like bluetooth wifi andorid streaming etc. - just pure SQ counts :wink:

Jul 7, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #5,685 of 6,550
I have Calyx M, Ibasso DX 200 with amp 1 and amp 5, and Cowon Plenue 1, I had Questyle Qp1R, Opus #1 metal edition, Fiio X7 mark II, Fiio X5 mark III, and none of this daps have the sound quality of Calyx M. Ibasso DX200 is close, maybe even better on technicalities, but it does not give me the shear emotions that Calyx M give me. If there is anybody that know a dap that sound better than Calyx M, I would like to know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back