$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Jun 5, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #5,087 of 6,550

Holy ****!!
but its price is 1000 dollars...

1000 dollars for just 512GB?
that's not economic.
512GB HDD is now less than 30 bucks.
This new card is ridiculously expensive. It's not so different from AK380.
Do you really want to pay 1k for just microSD card?
I would refuse to pay that much.

PNY 512GB SDXC at $399 makes a little more sense but both of them are heavily over priced.

Jun 5, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #5,088 of 6,550
I present the delicately named "Calyx M NXT-2AK Dignis Merge Mod". This is incredibly solid and has really increased the usability of the combination. It takes advantage of the cutout hole in the Dignis case. (You knew it had to be there for a reason, right?)

I now use the NXT-2AK with the M and all of my IEMs except the Heaven VI which sounds great without (and when I remove the NXT-2AK, the 3M Dual Lock tape is flush inside the Dignis cutout). The NXT-2AK solves the impedance/distortion issues with the Kaede and my FAD 160Xs, and sounds much better than the M jack. And the M + NXT-2AK + Lab 1 sounds great, even magical, although I ideally would like a bit more bass impact like you get from the PAW Gold. It is a trade-off actually as the M combo has a smoother, more fluid and integrated sound.

Anyway here it is:

What is the name of the amp?
where can I buy that amp?
Does it improve sound a lot?
It seems like everyone's using it with AK240.

Jun 5, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #5,090 of 6,550
I am on 1.01 and none of my ALAC will play.  All I get is the "This format is not supported or the files is damaged. Delete?" message.

Help?

EDIT: Same error converting ALAC to FLAC.  Only plays my mp3 files

Jun 6, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #5,091 of 6,550
Holy ****!!

that's not economic.

PNY 512GB SDXC at $399 makes a little more sense but both of them are heavily over priced.

It's brand new technology. You have to wait a while before the pricing gets realistic.

Jun 6, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #5,092 of 6,550
It's brand new technology. You have to wait a while before the pricing gets realistic.

These guys are asking way too much anyways.
They're like pirates asking money for sake of technology instead of kidnapped humans.
Astell N Kern guys are doing the same business. What's wrong with technology companies these days?
Steve Jobs charged only 200 dollars for an iPod.

Jun 6, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #5,093 of 6,550
These guys are asking way too much anyways.
They're like pirates asking money for sake of technology instead of kidnapped humans.
Astell N Kern guys are doing the same business. What's wrong with technology companies these days?
Steve Jobs charged only 200 dollars for an iPod.

If you monitor the prices of computer-based items as I do from time to time, new memory size chips are always sky high whenever they are first introduced---this is completely independent of whatever Astell & Kern is doing with their mobile music technology. The prices will drop eventually to the point where it becomes a realistic deal. Just wait until the pricing gets to the point where it averages the same per GB as the lower-sized memory chips. All computer-savvy buyers do this.

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #5,094 of 6,550
If you monitor the prices of computer-based items as I do from time to time, new memory size chips are always sky high whenever they are first introduced---this is completely independent of whatever Astell & Kern is doing with their mobile music technology. The prices will drop eventually to the point where it becomes a realistic deal. Just wait until the pricing gets to the point where it averages the same per GB as the lower-sized memory chips. All computer-savvy buyers do this.

4TB HDD was 300 dollars when it first came out.
Now it's less than 200.
This 1k price tag doesn't make any sense at all.

Jun 7, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #5,096 of 6,550

Holy ****!!

that's not economic.

you do realise that a 512gb hdd is MUCH larger than a 512gb microsd card in physical size right? it takes a lot of research and development to make 1 into the size of the other. Also, please dont take every opportunity to bash the ak380...

Jun 8, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #5,100 of 6,550
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope this does not discourage you. I'm on week 3 (ave 3-5 hours a day) with the M and I've had no issues with Aiff & Flac. I'm very pleased with the performance. Currently driving Shure 846 (no noise), HD 650 (medium impedance), and DT 1350s (which sound great for the first time). I think the player got a bad rep long before it was actually released and needs more positive feedback to get people interested. After listening to the X5, AK100ii, and AK 240, the Calyx M was the clear winner.
Hopefully Chris was able to help you get a new one soon. Keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back