$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Feb 24, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #1,336 of 6,550
Feb 24, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #1,337 of 6,550
@Maxlight,

Thank you very much for your impressions, much appreciated. I have a question. Are you sure they will add "Folder View/Playback" mode in the future with firmware update? It would be quite a turnoff for me if they don't include it, I always use folder view to play my files.

Feb 24, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #1,338 of 6,550
Calyx, you testing my patience, where is promotion offer? I cannot sleep. I cannot eat. I want M here, immediately, right now!!! :D

Feb 24, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #1,340 of 6,550
Yesterday? Pah! Old news! 
wink_face.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687944/999-calyx-m-with-dxd-dsd-64gb-sd-sd-storage/630#post_10229933

Feb 24, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #1,341 of 6,550
I notice the demo unit is (apparently) the same one as they've been touting at trade shows, over the past couple of months.

Interesting that they're doing a preliminary run of 100. This might imply that there may be room for a little fine-tuning (say, adding a digital-out, perhaps
wink.gif
)
, based upon, feedback, before producing the subsequent 3000-or-so units, which would be a similar approach to that which Fiio undertook with the X5 (they retuned its SS a bit, based upon feedback from dealers etc., prior to putting it into production-proper).

Here's hoping Calyx will reverse their ludicrous decisions with regard to the most recent button modifications, when they produce the 2nd batch of 3000
rolleyes.gif

Feb 24, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #1,342 of 6,550
I notice the demo unit is (apparently) the same one as they've been touting at trade shows, over the past couple of months.

Interesting that they're doing a preliminary run of 1000. This might imply that there may be room for a little fine-tuning (say, adding a digital-out, perhaps :wink: ), based upon, feedback, before producing the subsequent 300o-or-so units, which would be a similar approach to that which Fiio undertook with the X5 (they retuned its SS a bit, based upon feedback from dealers etc., prior to putting it into production-proper).

Here's hoping Calyx will reverse their ludicrous decisions with regard to the most recent button modifications, when they produce the 2nd batch of 3000 :rolleyes:

mate, if you will keep asking them and they comply then i risk not seeing my Calyx M at all :p

Feb 24, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #1,344 of 6,550
Well, I am serious about the buttons. That would be an extremely quick and easy fix.

I do not doubt your seriousness but i can hardly wait for M and as concerns me i would gladly accept current type version :)

Feb 24, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #1,345 of 6,550
I do not doubt your seriousness but i can hardly wait for M and as concerns me i would gladly accept current type version
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm in no hurry to buy a DAP that stupidly and unnecessarily puts my hearing at risk, and whose control buttons are difficult to reliably identify by touch, in my pocket.

Maybe that makes me strange, but I don't think so

Feb 24, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #1,346 of 6,550
@Maxlight,

Thank you very much for your impressions, much appreciated. I have a question. Are you sure they will add "Folder View/Playback" mode in the future with firmware update? It would be quite a turnoff for me if they don't include it, I always use folder view to play my files.

AT THE PRESENTATION, ALL THE PARTICIPANTS STRONGLY REQUEST THAT FUNCTION AND THE CEO ACCEPTED. AFTER THE MEETING, HE CONFIRMED THROUGH THE CALYX FACEBOOK PAGE. SO I AM QUITE SURE ABOUT THIS. IF YOU HAVE QUESTION, ASK THEM VIA E-MAIL: ASK@CALYX.KR :- )

Feb 24, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #1,347 of 6,550
AT THE PRESENTATION, ALL THE PARTICIPANTS STRONGLY REQUEST THAT FUNCTION AND THE CEO ACCEPTED. AFTER THE MEETING, HE CONFIRMED THROUGH THE CALYX FACEBOOK PAGE. SO I AM QUITE SURE ABOUT THIS. IF YOU HAVE QUESTION, ASK THEM VIA E-MAIL: ASK@CALYX.KR :- )

Excellent since that's the way i view and search as well.

Feb 24, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #1,348 of 6,550
Calyx just announced another demo day - this time, only 5 people per 2 hour session (and 2 sessions, so 10 people in all) - so that's a theoretical maximum of 24 minutes per person. Still not long, but at least some first impressions can continue to trickle out in addition to 'Maxlight's' (thanks for yours, Maxlight).

Feb 24, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #1,349 of 6,550
  Calyx just announced another demo day - this time, only 5 people per 2 hour session (and 2 sessions, so 10 people in all) - so that's a theoretical maximum of 24 minutes per person. Still not long, but at least some first impressions can continue to trickle out in addition to 'Maxlight's' (thanks for yours, Maxlight).

I am really glad that my humble English words helped you. Thank you. : - )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back