$811 for a Sony D-555
Oct 4, 2005 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 11
Eegads... this seems to be a bad time to start a hobby collecting vintage PCDP's (but I'm doing it anyway
biggrin.gif
). At least the D-121 and D-33 are still relatively cheap.

Oct 4, 2005 at 4:21 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
It must be one of those collector guys who go to auctions and buy extraneous stuff for rediculous prices ya know.

is that a kind way of saying, psycho?? ; )

Oct 4, 2005 at 4:32 PM Post #5 of 11
Or he could have bought that D-555 from Ebay Germany which went for around 80 Euros the last time I looked.
tongue.gif

Oct 4, 2005 at 5:13 PM Post #6 of 11
The winner did complete the transaction by paying for it as indicated in his feedback. Guess this goes into the record books as the most I've seen paid for a vintage PCDP so far. I've seen this winner (5811 cheng) bid on many other vintage PCDP auctions in which he overpays for many of them. The ones he lost, he had set his max bid sky high.Reminds me of this other Ebayer (stone-gold2005) who outbids and overpays for just about every vintage Philips PCDP that show up on the German Ebay. Oh well, I guess if they really want it then cost isn't or shouldn't be an issue.

Oct 4, 2005 at 5:44 PM Post #7 of 11
Hot damn. I think its time for me to unload my two Sony 25S's that are collecting dust.

Oct 4, 2005 at 9:42 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKEp
WOW that guy's nuts
eek.gif
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, and realize that for the price to get there, TWO people had to have bid to it.

Dec 7, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #11 of 11
Holy crap talk about old thread revival, personally I wouldn't pay more than $300 for D-555 that's in pristine condition with it's original box, manuals, and accesories. IMO the D-555 is one of the most overhyped vintage PCDP with many claiming it's the best sounding and most rare vintage PCDP. I currently own two of them and paid $300 for one of them that's pristine with it's orignal box, manuals, and accessories. It's definitely not the best sounding vintage PCDP that I've heard (I own and have heard quite a few) and there are many other vintage PCDPs out there that sound better and go for a cheaper price than the D-555. It's also not as rare as everyone seem to say it is because you can find one on sale on ebay quite often going for ridiculous prices. There's a lot of hype for the D-555 and there's always someone who will fall for it and pay the price. If you're selling the one described in your post, good luck and more power to you on cashing in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back