$80-150 BUDGET, NEED GOOD BASS, WHICH ONE: Sennheiser HD 229 or PX 200-IIi, KLIPSCH S4i, aiaiai tracks, SHURE SE215, SENNHEISER HD 239 HEADPHONES, JAYS V-JAYS?
Dec 10, 2011 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

eschaos

New Head-Fier
Hi!

First off, I ONLY LISTEN TO MUSIC ON MY IPHONE 4S, so I will not need headphones that work best with amps or anything, only need headphones that work best with the iPhone 4S.

I'm new to the Head-Fi community, but I really appreciate my music and want to listen to it with the best equipment possible.  However, I'm always on the go, biking sometimes tens of miles a day to places, busing everywhere, at the gym, always out somewhere.
I have a $80-150 (push $200 maybe)

My experience:  I picked up the sennheiser PMX 680 headphones last cyber monday (2010) new for $25 shipped, and they endured and lasted being good headphones with great bass, up until mid-summer when the wiring just started falling apart and they just stopped working--granted they were put through hell.  One thing that pissed me off about them was their pathetic, short wire.
Also, another thing I hated was that if I had them in too long, they were painful to have on my ear.

Oh, and I HATE APPLE'S STOCK EARBUDS/HEADPHONES.

I've been doing research for weeks and I get lost amongst these headphones and others, I don't know what's best for me.  I want to experience higher end music that will fit my fast-paced and on-the-go lifestyle.

I've been trying out the Klipsch S4i headphones after a 50 hour burn in, and they still aren't up to par on the bass I want, and it's kind of muffled as well in different octaves as not fitting perfectly (they fit decently, but in-ear headphones never really fit me).  At the $60 price mark, I think that I'm going to return them, unless there really isn't anything better.

I want headphones that (in order of most concerning):
will last at least a year through tough conditions (i.e. tough jerking of headphone wire on miles of daily bike riding and gym workouts)
Long enough cable from head to pocket (I'm 5 foot 8 inches)
WILL STAY ON AT ALL TIMES
have GOOD THUMPING BASS
have GOOD TREBLE
are really portable
light and look decent (not too much a factor, more quality over aesthetics)

Are my choices decent?  Which ones are the best?  Any better recommendations for my budget and specific lifestyle?  Anyone tried out some maybe newer models of some really good portable headphones that they've really enjoyed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back