7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Apr 21, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #3,962 of 4,273
I knew they had a two pin connector, but they changed the case for these? Interesting.

Yeah. They switched to this:

IMG_2211.jpeg

Apr 21, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #3,964 of 4,273
Switching again between all my tips... The azla crystals are really next gen compared to traditionnel silicon tips when it comes to sheer transparency and impact. And I'm comparing with the JVC, the epros and the Sennheiser tips which are no slouch. The only issue is that the top end can get a bit tiring with this kind of medical grade material whereas traditional silicon sounds a bit more laid-back and less intense.

Apr 21, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #3,966 of 4,273
Switching again between all my tips... The azla crystals are really next gen compared to traditionnel silicon tips when it comes to sheer transparency and impact. And I'm comparing with the JVC, the epros and the Sennheiser tips which are no slouch. The only issue is that the top end can get a bit tiring with this kind of medical grade material whereas traditional silicon sounds a bit more laid-back and less intense.

It seems to me the choice of ear tips is like the choice in shoes. Disregading the looks and fashion aspect, everyone is going to have to find the right size, support, and maintenance aspects for a proper shoe fit. In my case I have extra wide feet so need 2-4E in my shoe size, which is like extra wide ear tips on a fat IEM nozzle. Everyone is different and no personal choice is better than any other, whether it be ear tips or shoes.

Apr 22, 2023 at 1:10 AM Post #3,967 of 4,273
Can you link the tips you are using please??
Just the fat tapered ones that came in the box with the Timeless. There are two sets of tips that are not dome shaped more of a taper. The fatter of those is what I'm using.

Apr 22, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #3,968 of 4,273
It seems to me the choice of ear tips is like the choice in shoes. Disregading the looks and fashion aspect, everyone is going to have to find the right size, support, and maintenance aspects for a proper shoe fit. In my case I have extra wide feet so need 2-4E in my shoe size, which is like extra wide ear tips on a fat IEM nozzle. Everyone is different and no personal choice is better than any other, whether it be ear tips or shoes.
Fit is crucial of course but I believe the material also impacts the sound. Maybe it's the stickiness of medical grade material mentioned above by @InvisibleInk that helps tightening the bass and clearing the soundstage. Regular silicon sounds a bit muddier in some ways (which also has its benefits as I have said).

Apr 22, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #3,969 of 4,273
Fit is crucial of course but I believe the material also impacts the sound. Maybe it's the stickiness of medical grade material mentioned above by @InvisibleInk that helps tightening the bass and clearing the soundstage. Regular silicon sounds a bit muddier in some ways (which also has its benefits as I have said).
You are absolutely right about this. Materials as well as shape, ridges, bumps, designs, etc... all play a part in the overall sound transmitted by these tips.

Apr 23, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #3,971 of 4,273
My og 7hz Timeless are live in classified. Reluctant sale. Reasonable offers considered. Early model Jan 2022.
...and now they are not for sale!

Have had a nice set of iems on loan from a friend and today was "buy or return" deadline. I'm not going to name them, but they are approx £1200 to buy new, and if money was no object etc etc
But the timeless give me 95% of the others & that is close enough.

.... for now 😁

Apr 23, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #3,972 of 4,273
...and now they are not for sale!

Have had a nice set of iems on loan from a friend and today was "buy or return" deadline. I'm not going to name them, but they are approx £1200 to buy new, and if money was no object etc etc
But the timeless give me 95% of the others & that is close enough.

.... for now 😁
This is how I feel. The value on these can't be beat imo.

Apr 25, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #3,974 of 4,273
Looks amazing, Whats the model and the specification for this earphone again?
The model is the i99. Please refer to the beginning of this thread for more info on it as well as a graph. ✌️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back