7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Mar 28, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #3,796 of 4,273

:)

00000IMG_00000_BURST20230330103021917_COVER-picsay.jpg

Mar 31, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #3,799 of 4,273
I didn't manage to finish my Legato review before Canjam SG, but I'm actually glad that I delayed it. I think my experience trying different stuffs at Canjam kinda solidified my initial assessment of Legato as a niche, specialized basshead IEM that can be quite polarizing. I also managed to listen to all Fatfreq Maestro line again (also get a loan of a Maestro Mini from a friend) to get a better comparison. Additionally, inspired by Crinacle's Project Red with 75ohm impedance adapter at Canjam SG, I went to do the same with Truthear Zero too, making it a worthy head-to-head dual-DD comparison against Legato.

Check out my full review here:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/7hz-legato.26411/reviews#review-30497

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #3,800 of 4,273
7HZ Timeless OG + NiceHCK SuperBlue cable + Clarion tips + jazz = :ok_hand:
So yesterday I paired the Timeless OG with the H570 tips and I was in love by the sound. Without losing detail, the treble and kids became a bit more soft and "musical".
I couldn't listen for to much time but the one thing was clear, the H570 are my new tips on the Timeless!

Apr 1, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #3,802 of 4,273
So yesterday I paired the Timeless OG with the H570 tips and I was in love by the sound. Without losing detail, the treble and kids became a bit more soft and "musical".
I couldn't listen for to much time but the one thing was clear, the H570 are my new tips on the Timeless!
What kind of cable is the Nicehck, copper?

Yesterday I removed the filters on my timeless because they were starting getting dirty and muddying sound clarity, and they sound brighter now with the epro tips, which is not great by itself. But interestingly they sound quite balanced now with the Sennheiser IE pro silicon tips which already integrate a filter. Which means the Sennheiser tips could work nicely with some filterless timeless. It's difficult to compare with the stock configuration but this combination sounds quite detailed to my ears... Possibly more so.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2023 at 9:20 PM Post #3,803 of 4,273
What kind of cable is the Nicehck, copper?

Yesterday I removed the filters on my timeless because they were starting getting dirty and muddying sound clarity, and they sound brighter now with the epro tips, which is not great by itself. But interestingly they sound quite balanced now with the Sennheiser IE pro silicon tips which already integrate a filter. Which means the Sennheiser tips could work nicely with some filterless timeless. It's difficult to compare with the stock configuration but this combination sounds quite detailed to my ears... Possibly more so.
It's a 7N Taiwan Lab OCC litz cable. It's a high quality and high purity copper....
I like the sound of the Timeless very much. It enhanced the treble, by making it softer but without losing detail, the mids are more forward, and I think the bass remains pretty much the same, but take this with a pinch of salt because I didn't have much time to listen and I payed more attention to the treble and mids...
Prior to this cable I was using a Hakugei Big Rice, which made the sound more relaxed overall, but I prefer the NiceHCK superblue sound

€ 69,01 73%OFF | NiceHCK SuperBlue Taiwan Lab 7N OCC Litz Replace Wire Headset Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm MMCX/0.78mm 2Pin For SSP ANOU Emerald M3 Pro I
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKC1cbU

Apr 1, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #3,804 of 4,273
It's a 7N Taiwan Lab OCC litz cable. It's a high quality and high purity copper....
I like the sound of the Timeless very much. It enhanced the treble, by making it softer but without losing detail, the mids are more forward, and I think the bass remains pretty much the same, but take this with a pinch of salt because I didn't have much time to listen and I payed more attention to the treble and mids...
Prior to this cable I was using a Hakugei Big Rice, which made the sound more relaxed overall, but I prefer the NiceHCK superblue sound

€ 69,01 73%OFF | NiceHCK SuperBlue Taiwan Lab 7N OCC Litz Replace Wire Headset Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm MMCX/0.78mm 2Pin For SSP ANOU Emerald M3 Pro I
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKC1cbU
Thanks, so pure copper eh... I'm using an entry level copper cable from Nicehck, it works well with the timeless as well. Not sure if I want to upgrade to more expensive models but it's interesting to get feedback like yours.

Apr 1, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #3,805 of 4,273
Thanks, so pure copper eh... I'm using an entry level copper cable from Nicehck, it works well with the timeless as well. Not sure if I want to upgrade to more expensive models but it's interesting to get feedback like yours.
I was using the original cable because like you I also try an entry level copper cable from NiceHCK, the C16-3, and the difference to the SuperBlue was huge!

Apr 4, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #3,807 of 4,273

Hi folks, my unboxing, graph, and some first impressions of the Legato.

Apr 4, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #3,809 of 4,273
Apr 5, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #3,810 of 4,273
Just dropping in to drop some Legato love, after 100 hrs burn in these babies sing. I'm 57years old and come from the days of big box speakers,, damn I still have them.. These iems REPRODUCTION OF THAT SOUND IS SUPERB!
A real bargain at the $99 I got them for.
Am iem built for pure listening enjoyment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back