7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Dec 23, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #1,261 of 4,275
For electronic music, there are often many overlapping layers that create sense of space and depth, which are emphasized particularly with the Timeless. Single-DD IEMs need not apply.
Someone should have told that to Turii before it handed defeat to Timeless in accuracy, staging, and layering. Timeless wins the speed comparison by a very small margin.
If you want to dip into the $1000+ single DD's, they can play and win.

Dec 23, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #1,262 of 4,275
The Timeless is really fantastic with pretty much every Genre ive listed to. Planars are particulary good with accoustic guitar. Check out this track from Nils Lofgren, listen to the reverb of the stringsemanating out from depth and weight of the notes:

Dec 23, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #1,263 of 4,275
Both tracks sound good.

Note. Because Timeless has elevated mids (2k) body of the vocals and whatever else falls into that range sound a tiny bit cuppy (or plasticky or flat, Fiio FH3 really bad in that department). I'd also like to add that the combination of elevated mid-bass and less so mids along with recessed treble also means that bass kicks get drowned/suffocated out by basslines. Vocals do come through because of the elevated mids in the region affecting vocals (around 2k).

The Afrojack song for instance:
-vocals sound clear but a bit undefined and closed in, they sound colored. I like to use the analogy of speaker in a plastic cup (elevated 1-2k with recessed treble which means there's an emphasis on the body of the voice but compressed details giving you a somewhat flat presentation meaning separation suffers and stuff blends together). Good song to test tbh, not a lot going on so easy to describe what's not right. In short, separation suffers the most because the errors in tuning emphasize wrong things meaning different elements fight for space.

Both songs sound very clean and clear but there is still a veil. I use EQ with my Timeless.

This EQ was made by Oratory1990, below image explains what the issues are and what the filters do.
Just so you know, I'm updating this a bit @Illbetheone

Ok, 'My Immortal' by Evanescence:
- Everything's sounds clean but that's not exactly an achievement because it's not what I'd consider a demanding song.
- Tonality is wrong though:
- Heavy strings and piano are blending together
- the body of her voice is over emphasized and the "airy" part is under-emphasized or compressed. She sounds kind of like if your hearing is affected by a cold a little. Stuffy.
- Just in general there's a sense there's a blanket over everything with her voice being the dominant element, poking through.

Just to clarify, it doesn't sound bad but errors in tuning color both songs in ways where there's coloration or over/under-emphasis in the wrong parts of frequency range leading to errors in separation, preventing each element to shine separately and together form a cohesive composition.

Mind you, as you can see from my sig, I own some gear and the only one close to flawless is Sennheiser HD560S which is open back but that has nothing to do with tuning being accurate and natural.

Attachments

• IMG_20211223_202611.jpg
    IMG_20211223_202611.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #1,264 of 4,275
The Timeless is really fantastic with pretty much every Genre ive listed to. Planars are particulary good with accoustic guitar. Check out this track from Nils Lofgren, listen to the reverb of the stringsemanating out from depth and weight of the notes:

Crazy! I love this song and tested it with timeless last week and had the same experience. Great track for the timeless! Not to mention just a great track period!!

Dec 23, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #1,266 of 4,275
Just so you know, I'm updating this a bit @Illbetheone

Ok, 'My Immortal' by Evanescence:
- Everything's sounds clean but that's not exactly an achievement because it's not what I'd consider a demanding song.
- Tonality is wrong though:
- Heavy strings and piano are blending together
- the body of her voice is over emphasized and the "airy" part is under-emphasized or compressed. She sounds kind of like if your hearing is affected by a cold a little. Stuffy.
- Just in general there's a sense there's a blanket over everything with her voice being the dominant element, poking through.

Just to clarify, it doesn't sound bad but errors in tuning color both songs in ways where there's coloration or over/under-emphasis in the wrong parts of frequency range leading to errors in separation, preventing each element to shine separately and together form a cohesive composition.

Mind you, as you can see from my sig, I own some gear and the only one close to flawless is Sennheiser HD560S which is open back but that has nothing to do with tuning being accurate and natural.
Thanks for this and your previous post -- I really appreciate it. My Immortal is a good test song, because the way it was recorded was everything was basically front and center, so her voice can be drowned out. I have spent a few hours now reading up on the Timeless and I like what I have seen so far. I think the best part is that people seem to say it is a Sundara in IEM form, which is perfect because I love my Sundara's. IEM's have an edge over cans because of all the various tips that can be used, which can really change the tracks a lot. I think that is what I miss most about my Earsonics SM3 v2. Those were perfect, I never should have sold them.

I really appreciate your feedback, along with everyone else's.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #1,267 of 4,275
I've received my Timeless (2.5mm) today! :)

Amazon UK delivered them much earlier than the 3rd - 10th of January, I was expecting them!

Total hours of listening = 2
Source: Amazon music unlimited, Genre: Electronica
Qudelix 5K (EQ: off) - Timeless, stock cable, stock tips

I am amazed by the level of clarity and the soundstage! Highs, like velvet, mids, crystal clear! I can feel the base, however I will speak about that after 5 days of playing them 24/7

I also feel they have the perfect fit; they do not even move while I'm doing some chores, brushing my teeth, etc

Really happy + genuinely excited, so far! :) :)

Dec 23, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #1,269 of 4,275
Thanks for this and your previous post -- I really appreciate it. My Immortal is a good test song, because the way it was recorded was everything was basically front and center, so her voice can be drowned out. I have spent a few hours now reading up on the Timeless and I like what I have seen so far. I think the best part is that people seem to say it is a Sundara in IEM form, which is perfect because I love my Sundara's. IEM's have an edge over cans because of all the various tips that can be used, which can really change the tracks a lot. I think that is what I miss most about my Earsonics SM3 v2. Those were perfect, I never should have sold them.

I really appreciate your feedback, along with everyone else's.
I wouldn't call them the iem version of Sundara purely in sonic terms. I would relate them to Sundara in that Timeless can be thought of as the bang for the buck Planar iem in the way that Sundara is the bang for the buck Planar headphone.

Dec 23, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #1,270 of 4,275
The great feature of the Timeless IEM is that just a little bit of EQ makes them sound so much better. With my EQ setup "My Immortal" sounded completely flawless.

Care to share the EQ tunings?

I wouldn't call them the iem version of Sundara purely in sonic terms. I would relate them to Sundara in that Timeless can be thought of as the bang for the buck Planar iem in the way that Sundara is the bang for the buck Planar headphone.

I see, I had my hopes up for a second there, lol.

Dec 23, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #1,271 of 4,275
Care to share the EQ tunings?
Sure. The Timeless sounds much smoother with this EQ setting.

* 32Hz +1,50dB Q0,20
* 150Hz -3,00dB Q1,41
* 600Hz +1,00dB Q1,00
* 1100Hz -0,50dB Q5,00
* 1300Hz +1,00dB Q5,00
* 1400Hz +1,00dB Q1,41
* 2100Hz -2,00dB Q4,00
* 2700Hz -1,50dB Q5,00
* 3700Hz +1,50dB Q1,41

Dec 23, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #1,272 of 4,275
Sure. The Timeless sounds much smoother with this EQ setting.

* 32Hz +1,50dB Q0,20
* 150Hz -3,00dB Q1,41
* 600Hz +1,00dB Q1,00
* 1100Hz -0,50dB Q5,00
* 1300Hz +1,00dB Q5,00
* 1400Hz +1,00dB Q1,41
* 2100Hz -2,00dB Q4,00
* 2700Hz -1,50dB Q5,00
* 3700Hz +1,50dB Q1,41
How would I go about importing those into Peace?

Dec 23, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #1,274 of 4,275
Dec 23, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #1,275 of 4,275
It is so interesting how SpinFits can transform this IEM. With regular silicon tips the bass and treble are slightly boomy. Like a little v-shape.

As soon as SpinFit CP100 are used the Timeless sounds fully neutral. The differences are WAY more pronounced then cable changes.
Which size works best for you with the CP100? I'm always worried that the tips are too short with those iems. I'm going to get these and another set of RE400 tips which included some terrific biflange tips (unfortunately I modded them so can't use them on the timeless).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back