750 Sizing Issue
Mar 4, 2007 at 6:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Usagi

1000+ Head-Fier
Seal problems have been an issue for me ever since I acquired the Ultrasone 750. At first I thought this problem was attributed to stiff padding needing time to mold or shape itself to my head. Someone addressed this problem in another thread. Their solution was to bond additional cloth around the circumural padding with rubber bands. I believe this also increased bass levels for the listener.

After many hours of R&D on my part ([size=x-small]I’ll be sure to add significant cost to the sales price if I ever decide to sell my 750 as a result[/size]), I discovered that bigheaded users were what Ultrasone had in mind for this particular model. My solution is simply to add a layer of padding ¼” thick between the top of my cranium and the headband. This raises the ear cups to their intended position and allows for a proper seal.

In addition, the 750 could be used as a litmus test. If it fits well without the use of additional sizing modifications, it may indicate that the user is self-centered and has a propensity to exhibit pompous and egotistical behavior. This combined with great sound makes the 750 well worth the four-hundred dollar dent to your wallet.
wink.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seal problems have been an issue for me ever since I acquired the Ultrasone 750. At first I thought this problem was attributed to stiff padding needing time to mold or shape itself to my head. Someone addressed this problem in another thread. Their solution was to bond additional cloth around the circumural padding with rubber bands. I believe this also increased bass levels for the listener.

After many hours of R&D on my part ([size=x-small]I’ll be sure to add significant cost to the sales price if I ever decide to sell my 750 as a result[/size]), I discovered that bigheaded users were what Ultrasone had in mind for this particular model. My solution is simply to add a layer of padding ¼” thick between the top of my cranium and the headband. This raises the ear cups to their intended position and allows for a proper seal.

In addition, the 750 could be used as a litmus test. If it fits well without the use of additional sizing modifications, it may indicate that the user is self-centered and has a propensity to exhibit pompous and egotistical behavior. This combined with great sound makes the 750 well worth the four-hundred dollar dent to your wallet.
wink.gif

Zoone didn't use any cloth as I remember, just the rubber bands!

Did you try bending the center of the top inwards to increase the clamping some? With your thumbs in the top center of the headband, pull downwards with your fingers against your thumbs and it will bend there to increase the clamping tightness.

I'm glad you also passed the litmus test!

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Mar 5, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wink.gif

No sizing issues for me but I am glad you got it worked out. But a correction that the 750s can be had for a lot less than $400 search through this thread for a reference: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=207164

Mar 5, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbritton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zoone didn't use any cloth as I remember, just the rubber bands!

Did you try bending the center of the top inwards to increase the clamping some? With your thumbs in the top center of the headband, pull downwards with your fingers against your thumbs and it will bend there to increase the clamping tightness.

I'm glad you also passed the litmus test!

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

I tried this, but I found that low earcups were the problem or the headband didn't retract far enough in. Raising the whole headphone about 1/4" was my only option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldj325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No sizing issues for me but I am glad you got it worked out. But a correction that the 750s can be had for a lot less than $400 search through this thread for a reference: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=207164

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...9&postcount=60

125 Euros/ $165......are you kidding me. I think I just $**t in my pants. Oh well, immediate gratification was more important to me than to search endlessly for a good deal. I wanted my 750s in less than 24 hours and HeadRoom was able to comply with my wishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back