71 IEM Brief Review thread (incl. Rhine Monitors, Cleartune, CustomArt)
Dec 17, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #16 of 366
Wonder if MS received a K10 Universal and swapped their demo unit? I tested it 2-3 weeks ago and it was definitely a custom demo because I didn't remember seeing any screws and the canal stem was ciem-like profile with silicon tip stuffed in and not a proper cylindrical universal profile.

Dec 17, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #17 of 366
I honestly don't remember specifically for the k10. I do know however that the other noble demos were universal versions, because they were using the screws to identify the specific model.

Dec 17, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #18 of 366
Hmm have you tested the stereo exclusive UM legacy? I went to have a demo of it and it's soundstage seems pretty warm too. Wondering how it fairs against the K10 and Legend R.

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #20 of 366
@Kozato Thanks for the clarification. I must say, they fit REALLY well for a custom demo.

@ZzmadzZ I've not tried the UM Legacy. I personally feel that UM introduces new IEMs a bit too fast, and it's a bit hard for me to keep up. I may drop by Stereo next time for a demo anyway. I also have Null Audio on my list, especially with their new Acoustic Werkz IEMs.

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #21 of 366
Great job with your comparative review! I'm stoked to try the Legend R. Will definitely need to make a trip to MS sometime soon. @Kozato See you soon, bro! 
wink.gif

Dec 17, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #22 of 366
@jelt I was very surprised by the legacy as I didn't like UM previous offering especially their 6 driver model as compared to the V6S. The legacy with its 12 driver is actually pretty good, however as I have yet to demo the k10 or legend it is hard for me to differentiate between them on the same price range. However, from my first listen it seems like the legacy is way more forward then the V8 even though both shares a very intimate soundstage. But I walk away without having the wow feeling from legacy sound signature. Maybe I need a few more listens. Hmm.

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #23 of 366
What type of signature are you looking for? It is my experience that sometimes wow signatures can be a bit fatiguing in the long run- so not having a wow is not necessarily a bad thing. But I like iems that have a distinctive sound... The k10 is a good example of one that doesn't quite "wow", but still manages to sound distinctive.

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #24 of 366
Are we now saying that BAs burn-in? - I was always under the impression that they didn't need to because of design differences over dynamics...

/Intrigued.

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #26 of 366
I honestly think it's far more likely that I listened to a defective set than that the differences that moe and I heard are due to burn in (both are equally "un-burned in", I think), or a "demo vs customs" issue (both are demos)).

We both own and love and have spent a lot of time with the 846, so we have a good (common) reference for bass, and for us to hear such different things- something is not right.

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #27 of 366
Just saw this and great review!

Seems like everyone likes the K10 
bigsmile_face.gif

Got to try them some time. 

Dec 21, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #28 of 366

Seems like everyone likes the K10 :bigsmile_face:

Thanks a lot! They're certainly worth trying. They're not a "wow" signature, but then as you try to find something wrong with them, you'll find it awfully hard! :)

Dec 21, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #29 of 366
I honestly think it's far more likely that I listened to a defective set than that the differences that moe and I heard are due to burn in (both are equally "un-burned in", I think), or a "demo vs customs" issue (both are demos)).

We both own and love and have spent a lot of time with the 846, so we have a good (common) reference for bass, and for us to hear such different things- something is not right.

Once your Legend R arrives, give it a minimum 50 hours burn in before listening.
And after that, put it through another 50 hours more. And you'll have a clearer presentation of Legend R's true nature. 

Seems like everyone likes the K10 
bigsmile_face.gif

Seriously, the Kaiser 10 is one audiophile pinnacle that's right up there with the best (and unmatched in terms of design & customization) , and they're truly deserving of their popularity and demand.

That said, am confident the Legend R, will be up to the challenge to carve its own summit and stand side by side with the best in the business.

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #30 of 366

Once your Legend R arrives, give it a minimum 50 hours burn in before listening.
And after that, put it through another 50 hours more. And you'll have a clearer presentation of Legend R's true nature. 

Seriously, the Kaiser 10 is one audiophile pinnacle that's right up there with the best (and unmatched in terms of design & customization) , and they're truly deserving of their popularity and demand.

That said, am confident the Legend R, will be up to the challenge to carve its own summit and stand side by side with the best in the business.

I highly agree regarding the minimum 50 (to 60) hours burn in before listening to the Legend R.  Also agree that adding the 50 hours more like you suggested will present you with a clearer presentation of the Legend R's true nature.  I was going to burn in my Legend R before listening to it, but I wanted to have as much in-depth knowledge as I could regarding the entire presentation of the Legend R, so I listened to it as soon as I plugged it in.  Fast forward over 60 hours of burn in, and the true nature of the Legend R has blossomed, no debate about that at all.

The Legend R, as well as EarWerkz's entire line-up, are definitely up to the challenge to carve their own Mt. Everest-sized summits in the hi-fidelity auditory realm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back