$70 headphone suggestions. Please help.
May 7, 2009 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Doozer

New Head-Fier
First time poster. Been a bit of lurker for a while.

I'd like to know what a good pair of headphones around the 70 dollar price range. I've always used IEM, but my last pair broke on me and I wanna try out some headphones. Something that cancels background noise pretty well because I live in an urban area and ride public transportation quite a bit.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

May 7, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #2 of 8
Tips will make a big difference for noise isolation. I like my NE-7m and ADDIEM (close to that price new). Comply T-400s fit the NE-7m (although I use the silicon tips) and I use Shure olives on the ADDIEM.

Both are great choices in your price range IMO, it just depends upon what sound signature you want. Here are my thoughts on the 2, and you may want to search.

Also, RE2 is good in that price range if you don't value deep, impactful bass, but want great detail (from what I have read).

May 7, 2009 at 7:56 AM Post #3 of 8
NE-7M will fit your bill or you can pick up a used Appled Dual Driver IEM from Ebay if you can live with used. Check the ADDIEM appreciation thread to find the URL.

May 8, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #8 of 8
I was in your same situation as well, with similar budget. In the end I went for the Head-Direct RE2. They are less than $50 after shipping from Head-Direct directly and had great reviews on here. My next choice was the NuForce NE-7M, again based on the "best bang for the buck" concept. But I think the mic might be in the way if you are not using it on a phone (reason why I didn't go for it).

If you want great isolation, try the etymotic er6i. Have read everywhere and it said that they have great isolation right out of the box. They are roughly around $80 on amazon.com!

Keep in mind that I have yet to hear what both of the said IEM sounds like, just take my suggestion lightly. I just like to throw in the RE2 in here because of the great price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back