634EARS: Impressions, Discussions, and Appreciations Thread
Mar 8, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #256 of 767
DX320X with both amp board is very good with my Loak but I like it with N6ii ti and RU6 too.
Next step will be N7 if I sell N6ii ti and M6 pro

Mar 9, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #257 of 767
And I'm back in business! Just got the new pair of 9iNE cocobolo in. As with the last pair they look incredible and sound great. Not sure I would be able to point out any potential sound changes. The cocobolo this time is a little lighter in color and I think that actually works to my preferences a bit better. Running some spiral dots to see how they do with comfort.

PXL_20230309_212318903.jpg

Next step is to ship the old ones back. By the way if anyone can provide me some quick tips for filling out customs forms that would be super helpful!

And now the wait is on for the loak tc and that incredible blue copper. After getting the 9iNE back in my ears I am rather excited for the loak.

Mar 11, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #258 of 767
Busy with many portable setups tonight, trying these IEMs with this DAP, these tips and those cables, you know how it works… Lots of fun and great musical moments. Still, le plat de résistance is waiting to be served…

81DDC93D-E0D9-4988-9470-CBDEE64E20D9.jpeg

Mar 12, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #259 of 767
Received the 9iNe-S yesterday after spending the previous 2 days burning in the Simgot EA2000.

Was interested to hear how the outlier of the 9iNe series would sound.

Surprise surprise, it was not as sharp as I expected. First impressions the 9iNe-S is still running in, this is quite a resolving iem, bright but still full-bodied, razer-sharp contrast, spacious with a chockful of micro details.

Pleasantly surprised.

Mar 12, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #260 of 767
The sound is just so immersive :ksc75smile: Got to stop myself from doing late night listening in the future.
7FBF8F85-C968-4627-B3B9-3A128A9E1B1F.jpeg

Mar 12, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #261 of 767
The sound is just so immersive :ksc75smile: Got to stop myself from doing late night listening in the future.
What specific model is that one? Also is that the black stainless steel on the back there?

Also, on an unrelated note, I am just really enjoying my time with my 9iNE. It has a really enjoyable quality that just makes me want to keep listening. I do know if it has to do with properties of using wood, or if its just because I have been listening to mostly hybrids, so a well implemented single DD is a good change of pace. Whatever it is though, I think they just really sound great and again think they are an incredible value for the price, especially given the materials and build quality. Treble almost has this shimmer that just oozes detail, but is never sharp or harsh in any way. Mids are full bodied and vocals come through really nicely. And bass has a wonderful physical quality that I always look for in IEMs and have found kind of difficult to find, even in significantly more expensive sets. Only real downside for me is the comfort. They are definitely difficult. Currently using azla sedna earfit light. I find the longer stem is really helpful as it moves the bulbous body of them away from my ear (and by extension, pressure points) a bit. Was able to get in a few longer listening sessions. Still not exactly super comfortable, but at least the discomfort never rose to a level that made me feel like I need to stop using them.

Still really looking forward to the loak-tc. Wondering how it will compare, whether it will retain the qualities I like, or how the copper might affect things vs the wood. Still really hoping the angled stem will help with comfort.

Mar 12, 2023 at 11:23 PM Post #262 of 767
What specific model is that one? Also is that the black stainless steel on the back there?

Also, on an unrelated note, I am just really enjoying my time with my 9iNE. It has a really enjoyable quality that just makes me want to keep listening. I do know if it has to do with properties of using wood, or if its just because I have been listening to mostly hybrids, so a well implemented single DD is a good change of pace. Whatever it is though, I think they just really sound great and again think they are an incredible value for the price, especially given the materials and build quality. Treble almost has this shimmer that just oozes detail, but is never sharp or harsh in any way. Mids are full bodied and vocals come through really nicely. And bass has a wonderful physical quality that I always look for in IEMs and have found kind of difficult to find, even in significantly more expensive sets. Only real downside for me is the comfort. They are definitely difficult. Currently using azla sedna earfit light. I find the longer stem is really helpful as it moves the bulbous body of them away from my ear (and by extension, pressure points) a bit. Was able to get in a few longer listening sessions. Still not exactly super comfortable, but at least the discomfort never rose to a level that made me feel like I need to stop using them.

Still really looking forward to the loak-tc. Wondering how it will compare, whether it will retain the qualities I like, or how the copper might affect things vs the wood. Still really hoping the angled stem will help with comfort.
That is the Loak-S96, only 4 units were made, Musashi-san was trying out something to see how it sounds, the tip and the nozzle are black stainless steel.

Mar 13, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #263 of 767
I might have missed it, but what does « loak » actually mean?

Mar 13, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #264 of 767
What's everyone using as their source(s) with 634ears IEMs?

I've spent some time cycling through my three mains; RU6, DX312 and M9. I've found the 9iNE like a fair bit of power which I wasn't expecting. I'm consistently higher on volume level across all 3 sources to hit my preferred listening volume versus my other main IEMs (Neon 4, Nio and Timeless). So far, I'm finding the best synergy with the M9 and RU6. M9 is really punchy, highly musical and to my ears very well suited to compliment the tuning signature of the 9iNE. RU6 is smoother, still punchy, but a touch less so than M9. Very easy to get on with for extended listens with RU6 in NOS mode. DX312 is the 'flattest' and least colored to my ears with a more even keel to the FR across the board. There's still plenty of bass, as is the character of the 9iNE, but I feel it looses some physicality, especially compared to the M9.

So far, M9 has been my favorite. I would love to hear the 9iNE through a higher powered R2R DAP like the RS8.

I've been meaning to pick up a 6.3mm to 4.4mm balanced adapter so I can use my balanced cabled IEMs via my desktop setup which is a Schiit Asgard 3 + Modi 3 DAC. My guess is the 9iNE (and other 634ears IEMs) would shine with lots of Class A biased power.
Shanling M7 / iFi XDSD Gryphon > LOAK-T(CL)

Shanling UA3 / Hiby FC4 > MIROAK-S

Qudelix 5K > 9iNE

Mar 13, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #265 of 767
Don’t mention, these bullets are lethal… even on Mondays

0F851FEE-2C15-48B3-87FD-C66D4BC9A3B0.jpeg

Mar 13, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #267 of 767
634ears´ offering slowly but surely…

DE100990-5FFC-4994-B581-94487515792D.gif

…the IEMs’ enthusiasts shore.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #270 of 767
From your post I gather that you've tried that :) ?
Not yet able to fix the Bluetooth firmware update issue. I have not raised the ticket yet, will do next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back