634EARS: Impressions, Discussions, and Appreciations Thread
Feb 17, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #77 of 767
And for which I am saving my money :ksc75smile: Thinking whether I should trade up my current LOAK or whether I should buy the higher end separately.
Because I only have the SARN II, I have been telling myself the same thing, to trade them up. I just can't do it I hear the wood influence on them so much, specially the all cocobolo.

Feb 17, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #79 of 767
How are you enjoying your Loak-T (CL) Rosewood so far?
Wow! You have sharp eyes - one look you know its Rosewood :) Its a leap of faith for me to go for this little gem, and I am glad it turns out well for me. Its very transparent, resolving with nice sound stage. Still burning in as I listen during night time. Actually, I already started looking at other 634ears model in the website, just that I do not know which one to choose. OPEN model definitely is in my radar, as I will be very interested in how big the soundstage it will goes. Brass model also piqued my intererst as it reminds me of Final Audio Piano Forte. Copper and other tonewood too. haha. Seems like I am deeply poisoned to explore further :)

Feb 17, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #80 of 767
Wow! You have sharp eyes - one look you know its Rosewood :) Its a leap of faith for me to go for this little gem, and I am glad it turns out well for me. Its very transparent, resolving with nice sound stage. Still burning in as I listen during night time. Actually, I already started looking at other 634ears model in the website, just that I do not know which one to choose. OPEN model definitely is in my radar, as I will be very interested in how big the soundstage it will goes. Brass model also piqued my intererst as it reminds me of Final Audio Piano Forte. Copper and other tonewood too. haha. Seems like I am deeply poisoned to explore further :)
Try using them with Sednaearfitlight and Xelastec

Feb 17, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #83 of 767
@ThEvil0nE - Thanks for posting that tonewood guide. Talk about a detailed resource. After reading the description on Padauk, which is what I went with on the 9iNE, I think I made a good choice for my preferences. Musashi was also bang on with his descriptions on the few woods I was curious about.
Awesome!! Can’t wait to hear your feedback on you piece. It’s a a very detailed cheat sheet for tonewoods, one that can be a rabbit hole for many that are into custom string instrument.
I do not have them at the moment, but I do hear some sound difference between the 2 stock tips that comes with the package. I hear more treble and less bass on stock white tip as compared to stock black tip.
I rolled quite a few tips with my SARN IIs and those two Azlas best fit them. Fair warning on Xelastec, it is a dust magnet.

Feb 17, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #84 of 767
I've seen a few mentions of trade-in / up here and see the tab on the 634ears website (although I can't get it to properly translate to English for some reason). For those that have done it, how does it work? You send your pair back to Musashi and receive a credit that can then be applied towards another model?
I've done this. And you're totally correct. The shipping charges of sending it back os borne by the customer though.
He has told me many times about not getting something that will just closely sound to your previous 634E. That's what I like about the guy, he will be straight forward and just not about to sell you anything under the sun. I think that's how passionate he is not only for his IEMs but to his customers too, he wants you to get your money's worth.
He has done the same with me for other LOAKs. Seriously a gem of a person who does not just want to sell his iems, but actually care for the customer's preference.

Feb 17, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #85 of 767
I asked Musashi san about which sources he uses to tune the iems. This was his response:

Screenshot_20230218-084927_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230218-084935_Instagram.jpg

Goes to show how much practical his considerations are.

Feb 17, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #87 of 767
It is practical and also quite impressive because you don't really need an expensive cable for the 634ears to sound good
I've been just using my old M0 and ADI-2 DAC for my SARN IIs in SE with stock cables. If it wasn't for my out of the blue V6 DAP purchase I wouldn't have gotten balanced cables. Fell in love with SARNs even more. Also they take EQing very well. I have 3 presets for each SARN on the ADI-2 and 5 MSEB presets on the V6.

Feb 18, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #89 of 767
If I’m going to get another 634 iem before the new releases, I think I’ll get an open one with Japanese Yew :) will wait for how stainless steel sounds to decide which model 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back