634EARS: Impressions, Discussions, and Appreciations Thread
Feb 16, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #62 of 776
I’m v interested to have a brass one, hope we can reach at least 10 interested buyers so that @flu_fighter can kindly help us to reach out to Musashi-san. Thank you 🙏🏻

Feb 17, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #69 of 776
Make that +1. I need the green brass body for my custom order lol
Just an update on the Loak-B, Musashi-san said that the brass patina bodies used to be done by him but it is too much work.

So if he would do it now he might have to outsource to Momentum Factory, while their colouring techniques is good for the backplate, it is not desirable to apply that technique for the patina for the body of the Loak.

Also a full brass Loak will be pretty heavy unless you use a wood backplate.

He did also tell me it was unnecessary for me to get the Loak-B since I have the Loak, but he says that a lot to me. lol.

He also did say that he thinks there is a possibility in the future for a patina process other than green and blue.

But it probably will not be the Loak-B to be fair to the first buyers of that limited run.

For me, I would think the Loak-BSB would sound pretty close to the Loak-B and Musashi-san has said that the Loak-BSB also sounds similar to the Loak-TC.

So whoever chose the Loak-TC, good choice, the bass on that is really something and it does not bleed to the mids at all.

He may do another brass model in the future, but I think right now he is concentrating in getting the new model ready for launch this year, which I think may be the high-end Loaks.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #70 of 776
Just an update on the Loak-B, Musashi-san said that the brass patina bodies used to be done by him but it is too much work.

So if he would do it now he might have to outsource to Momentum Factory, while their colouring techniques is good for the backplate, it is not desirable to apply that technique for the patina for the body of the Loak.

He did also tell me it was unnecessary for me to get the Loak-B since I have the Loak, but he says that a lot to me. lol.

He also did say that he thinks there is a possibility in the future for a patina process other than green and blue.

But it probably will not be the Loak-B to be fair to the first buyers of that limited run.

For me, I would think the Loak-BSB would sound pretty close to the Loak-B and Musashi-san has said that the Loak-BSB also sounds similar to the Loak-TC.

So whoever chose the Loak-TC, good choice, the bass on that is really something and it does not bleed to the mids at all.

He may do another brass model in the future, but I think right now he is concentrating in getting the new model ready for launch this year, which I think may be the high-end Loaks.
And for which I am saving my money :ksc75smile: Thinking whether I should trade up my current LOAK or whether I should buy the higher end separately.

Feb 17, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #71 of 776

Thanks for sharing, I’ll wait the new model and see but I’m very tempted by Loak TC instead of TB 🤭
TC would be bassier and more complementary to my Loak T(CL) Bocote that would be more reference

Feb 17, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #72 of 776
I've seen a few mentions of trade-in / up here and see the tab on the 634ears website (although I can't get it to properly translate to English for some reason). For those that have done it, how does it work? You send your pair back to Musashi and receive a credit that can then be applied towards another model?

Feb 17, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #73 of 776
I've seen a few mentions of trade-in / up here and see the tab on the 634ears website (although I can't get it to properly translate to English for some reason). For those that have done it, how does it work? You send your pair back to Musashi and receive a credit that can then be applied towards another model?
Have not done any trade up, you might want to ask Musashi-san about that

Feb 17, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #74 of 776
5A33D903-3F42-46CC-8F85-D014AC173645.jpeg

Feb 17, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #75 of 776

He has told me many times about not getting something that will just closely sound to your previous 634E. That's what I like about the guy, he will be straight forward and just not about to sell you anything under the sun. I think that's how passionate he is not only for his IEMs but to his customers too, he wants you to get your money's worth.
Thanks for sharing, I’ll wait the new model and see but I’m very tempted by Loak TC instead of TB 🤭
TC would be bassier and more complementary to my Loak T(CL) Bocote that would be more reference
I think TB would be bassier by amount and TC bass will be more defined and musical. I see you went bocote with Loak T, that should be a nice relaxing tone with. I needed something with more wood influence to the sound but Mr. Musashi did turn mne down on a T front + cocobolo body + bocote back, not doable for a wood body as it will be too thin. I'm glad I have 2 SARN II to get my wood fix lol. Maybe I'll wait for what he has up his sleeve for the new line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back