634EARS: Impressions, Discussions, and Appreciations Thread
Feb 16, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #46 of 767
do you find that Isabellae has a dry voice? She thinks that I find instead that she is exactly the opposite. That is, that Isa has a very harmonious and warm voice.
Comparatively, yes. Isabellae is dry in comparison. Tonality Isabellae is very nice.

Feb 16, 2023 at 6:29 AM Post #48 of 767
"The staging is huge and is a bit holographic. Vocals remind me a bit of the Oriolus Isabellae but it is not as dry as Isa can sometimes sound..... "

I thought you were referring to the voice. I misunderstood, I apologize.
No worries. I can see how it can be misconstrued as the vocals for Isa is dry. I meant the music for some genres.

Feb 16, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #49 of 767
No worries. I can see how it can be misconstrued as the vocals for Isa is dry. I meant the music for some genres.
Isa , like Traillii , I think has a bit of a limit precisely in having a fairly warm and harmonious musicality. Often with certain genres of music (metal, emo core, sludge), he tends to "sit down" too much.

Feb 16, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #51 of 767
IMG_20230216_182948.jpg
Loak-S96 with pure Silver Palladium + Graphene Gold from Lunashops and Azla Max ear-tips.

Even though it is still burning in, I am quite mesmerized by how effortless and smooth this Loak sounds considering the fact that it is all stainless steel.

The staging is huge and is a bit holographic. Vocals remind me a bit of the Oriolus Isabellae but it is not as dry as Isa can sometimes sound.

Quite amazed by its ability to float notes especially when the music pans from side to side. The music textures are really amazing though not as textured as the Loak-BSB.

This is a very musical Loak.

Will continue to post more impressions as it runs in.
That is one beautiful cable! Where did you get it from?

the Loak S96 is very engaging even brand new out of the box. So much so that it brought smile to my face the moment I hit play button. I have been staying away from 634ears as this is a rabbit hole. But the very moment I hear Musashi San willing to part his personal set, I caved in. Can't wait for my S96 to arrive.
It warms my heart to see more and more 634EARS afficionados swarming in :D

Feb 16, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #52 of 767
That is one beautiful cable! Where did you get it from?

It warms my heart to see more and more 634EARS afficionados swarming in :D
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...ee16765488636677278e064d!12000030772003318!sh

I hesitate to recommend this as for some of the Loaks, the highs can be really extended and bright, also the mmcx may need adjusting for some Loaks, my Loak-T Purpleheart needed has no sound on one side, but lifting the connector slightly brought the sound back, for the rest of my 634ears I had no problems.

Feb 16, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #54 of 767
Is the only way to order these through the Japanese website? There's no domestic retailer?
Usually we just order through email or contact him through instagram.

You can also ask him him which wood would best suit what you are looking for.

Once the order is confirmed he will send you a paypal request for payment.

Feb 16, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #58 of 767
9iNE are on the way! Should have them Monday or Tuesday of next week... :)
Same here! Pretty quick turnaround. Tracking is showing Wednesday for me. Really excited to get them and hope that I picked the right wood... still thinking about that blue copper though...

Feb 16, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #59 of 767
Same here! Pretty quick turnaround. Tracking is showing Wednesday for me. Really excited to get them and hope that I picked the right wood... still thinking about that blue copper though...
Yeah! Very quick turnaround. My tracking shows Tuesday delivery but DHL is almost always a day early for whatever reason. Fingers crossed they actually deliver on Monday as I'm off that day for Presidents' Day... we'll see.

The copper backs are hands down my favorite from a purely aesthetic standpoint. We'll see how the 9iNE sound, but something tells me additional 634ears sets may be in my (and others) future!

Feb 16, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #60 of 767
Yeah! Very quick turnaround. My tracking shows Tuesday delivery but DHL is almost always a day early for whatever reason. Fingers crossed they actually deliver on Monday as I'm off that day for Presidents' Day... we'll see.

The copper backs are hands down my favorite from a purely aesthetic standpoint. We'll see how the 9iNE sound, but something tells me additional 634ears sets may be in my (and others) future!
Yea... already sort of thinking about that, though I really really dont need yet another IEM... But yea, aesthetics specifically, that blue copper really speaks to me. Was initially recommended the loak-tc by musashi as a warm, smooth sound, but unless I sell something else, its out of my desired budget. For now though, 9iNE on the way, excited to get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back