60gb hdd for h320 and h120
Feb 26, 2008 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wanderman

Headphoneus Supremus
I need help verifying a vendor and/or finding another of toshiba's 60gb single platter hdd (MK6028GAL). Does anyone know where I can get one of the bad boys. the only vendor I found that sells them is Welcome to NextWarehouse.com and they are kinda of shady looking.

Feb 26, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #3 of 7
yeah I guess. next warehouse doesn't have the item in stock T_T.

Feb 26, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #4 of 7
Wow...I didn't even know that drive existed. I thought the mk4007gal was as big as they got at that thickness. Are you sure the model number you mention isn't a ZIF socket drive?

If you can't find one, a possible option (but not a great one) is to buy a 60 gig mk6006gah for $100 and install it with the iriver's rubber padding removed.

It will fit, but there will be little to no cushioning material for the drive. The newer drives do have higher shock tolerances than the originals however....

Feb 27, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #5 of 7
This is the same thickness as the 30 gig drive in my hd30gb9. Does anyone know of a way we can find out if it's ZIF or 50 pin?

Feb 27, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow...I didn't even know that drive existed. I thought the mk4007gal was as big as they got at that thickness. Are you sure the model number you mention isn't a ZIF socket drive?

If you can't find one, a possible option (but not a great one) is to buy a 60 gig mk6006gah for $100 and install it with the iriver's rubber padding removed.

It will fit, but there will be little to no cushioning material for the drive. The newer drives do have higher shock tolerances than the originals however....

yup this is the real deal and pata. I checked and pulled the model number off the toshiba website. The GAH won't fit in the h120 but it will fit in the h320, which has the padding, but I would rather spend the money upgrading the h120 because it is so much sexier imo.

Feb 27, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yup this is the real deal and pata. I checked and pulled the model number off the toshiba website. The GAH won't fit in the h120 but it will fit in the h320, which has the padding, but I would rather spend the money upgrading the h120 because it is so much sexier imo.

My H120 has the rubber gasket padding as well that can be removed. I'm almost sure that someone on Misticriver pulled it off.....but again, it's not the greatest option
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back