600$ amp in Europe...
Jan 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Ozer

100+ Head-Fier
There are pretty many amps that work good with Sennheiser HD650, including WA6 that I've been looking at for some time, but after finding out about import duties I don't want to buy outside Europe... I live in Sweden and we have a pretty big risk of getting to pay duty, if we have to pay, it will be 12% in duty and then 25% in TAX.... That's insanely high. I only have a budget of 700$, so if I have to count the extra money I would only be able to buy an amp for 441$ including shipping....

So my question now is, can I buy a good amp for my HD650 here in Europe ?? I really want a tube amp, but I'm prepared for not finding any here in Europe.... So far I've not find any interesting... My budget is as I said maximum 700$, but can go down to minimum 600$... As I said I'm mainly looking for a tube amp, and I don't want any portable....

Jan 1, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumient /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe Graham Slee Solo or Lehmann Rhinelander would be good choices for HD650. Not tube amps though.

Yeah I'm considering those... But I will be looking further after tube amps first.... But right now it doesn't look good...
frown.gif
I can always buy Vincent KHV-1... It's somewhat more expensive, but I can get it here in Sweden without shipping, so it will be the same. Right now that's the only tube amp I've found.... It's not that bad, but was looking for "full" tube not hybrid.... Can you get even better sound with Vincent if you change tubes ?

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #4 of 14
Maybe a Darkvoice 3322 would be worth consideration? It's Chinese, but may fall within your budget despite taxes. There is also the new LaFigaro range coming out soon (332C and 332S).

The 3322 is supposed to be great with the HD650s.

You can get them from Ebay or from www.boyier.com

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by AcousticDreams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try this trading company, they send their goods also from France.
wink.gif

It would be great....... But they don't
frown.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by AcousticDreams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I know is there a distributor in France, the email address is: casque_hifi@yahoo.fr
Tell them what you like and they will make an offer.

I've emailed... Does this distributor have a site or anything ??
confused_face.gif
I'm very skeptical right now.... But it would be awesome if it was right
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #10 of 14
This is off topic... but as it's my thread I thought I could post it..
biggrin.gif

Is the Little Dot MKVI+ good ? Note the (+), you can find it on Audiophilechina, it has one pair of unbalanced RCA inputs and a neutrik headphone jack... That would be perfect for me, as I don't have balanced out on my source and I don't want to change my sennheiser HD650 cable to XLR...
wink.gif

Jan 2, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oskari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you get that number? The duty is 4.5% and that is EU-wide. The TARIC code is now 8518408999.

Not true, Each country has its own taxes. We have to pay 20% tax and are in EU.

Jan 2, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #13 of 14
This thread can be closed by the moderators... I've found "luckyfrogaudio" on Ebay that ships from UK... I will buy the La Figaro 332C or 332S when it comes...

Thanks anyways !

Jan 2, 2010 at 12:16 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by .Sup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not true, Each country has its own taxes. We have to pay 20% tax and are in EU.

Well, yes, but I was talking about the import duty, not the VAT. You generally have to pay both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back