6.33mm female to 3.5mm male 90 degree angle jack adapter?
Aug 2, 2012 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

indieman

1000+ Head-Fier
I've been looking for an adapter/extension for my hd558's, that will take it from a 6.33mm end to a 3.5mm angle jack, with a little cable in between to take the stress off my mp3 players headphone output. I've been looking around and haven't really found what I'm looking for... I might need to have it custom made. Any suggestions? I would prefer to have someone else make it than me :)

Aug 4, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #6 of 18
Yes, Cardas makes that adapter:
http://www.cardas.com/content.php?area=products&content_id=15&pagestring=Headphone&product_id=130 (never used this)

There's also non-right-angle adapters from Grado and Sennheiser; I've only ever used the Grado one, and feel it's of high quality; http://www.gradolabs.com/page_accessories.php?item=af057189070b2cce5d99b942344ebf73 (that adapter is included with the RS-1, and perhaps other Grado headphones - their connectors are very solid).

I also know you can buy angled 3.5 to 6.35 adapters (I have a few such adapters), but I've only seem them as solid blocks of plastic - check a pro audio shop for this. I don't know if they are available in the other direction (to turn 1/4 into a right angle 1/8).

Aug 5, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:
There's also non-right-angle adapters from Grado and Sennheiser; I've only ever used the Grado one, and feel it's of high quality; http://www.gradolabs.com/page_accessories.php?item=af057189070b2cce5d99b942344ebf73 (that adapter is included with the RS-1, and perhaps other Grado headphones - their connectors are very solid).

I use the Sennheiser one. It's part number 092595. They're cheap (i.e. less than $10 each) so order a few spares!

Aug 17, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #9 of 18
Thanks again everyone! Just got my cardas adapter from Whiplash Audio (free shipping and express mail, thanks Mike!). It's perfect :) Here's some comparison pictures with the stock adapter (I suck at pictures sorry).

New adapter :)

Old adapter. :frowning2:.

New adapter :)

It's a little bulky at the female side, wish it was round like Senn's or Grado's. The angle jack is excellent though, and the length is just enough. Overall, I'm very pleased.

Aug 19, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #11 of 18
Interesting... looks like it's not gold plated at the connections, but it's round at the female end, and like half the price of the cardas adapter. Might be worth checking out :wink:

Aug 19, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Sweet headphone stand! lol 
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #13 of 18
Interesting... looks like it's not gold plated at the connections, but it's round at the female end, and like half the price of the cardas adapter. Might be worth checking out :wink:

Yeah, it's certainly the least expensive of the three "extension adapters" I'm aware of (Cardas, Grado, and Hosa). Hosa generally makes pretty good cables though - they wear well and are put together straight. I'd say if you were tight for cash, it'd be a great buy, but the Cardas or Grado adapters are probably higher quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back