Jun 12, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #2 of 12
PROPS man. I am very new to the audiophile community as well. I've been wanting to do a review but I also don't feel that I have a "golden ear" and I envy you. Maybe I'll do my review soon :)

Jun 12, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #4 of 12
I had the same issue with the screw as well.  It seems ridiculous that they would expect a screw that small to hold the cups to the headband.  My screw broke as well so I had to send them back for a replacement.  I mean, at least make the screw so you can easily replace it or something.  I think the thing is a 1/16 of an inch wide if that.  The headphones did seem well constructed to me right out of the box though.  More metal pieces to me than say an HD650.  Still though, 1 tiny tiny screw to hold the cups onto the headphone.  if it was 1/8 of an inch wide I dont think it would be an issue at all.  I did enjoy the sound very much though. 

Jun 12, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #7 of 12
I think the paint peeling issue has something to do with the weather. I've noticed it mostly happens to people when they buy them during the summer. I assume the hot temperature along with humidity melts the paint away which is why you see them sticking to the tape.

Jun 12, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #8 of 12
Love the review!
Just bought a pair and it should be getting to me soon. I'll be sure to take heed in being careful not to ruin these though. 

Just thinking about it though, haven't had a chance to really look at it, wouldn't some blue loctite remedy the screw coming loose situation?

Jun 12, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #10 of 12
Great review, it's nice to see that your story had a happy ending.  I'm really tempted to buy a pair of these, but I am just a little concerned about the build quality.  I guess I'd be better off buying them new rather than used then.

Jun 15, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #11 of 12

Quote:
Great review, it's nice to see that your story had a happy ending.  I'm really tempted to buy a pair of these, but I am just a little concerned about the build quality.  I guess I'd be better off buying them new rather than used then.

Well as long as the person who used it took care of it, you should be fine. I've only had mine a couple of days, still burning in actually, but the build quality seems great.
Pick up a pair, you won't be sorry. :) 

Jun 15, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
Well as long as the person who used it took care of it, you should be fine. I've only had mine a couple of days, still burning in actually, but the build quality seems great.
Pick up a pair, you won't be sorry. :) 

Right now my biggest debate is whether I should get these or the D5000!  I need some good comparisons to make that decision...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back