5 most under rated headphone brands?
Feb 6, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #136 of 146
The T20v1, expertly damped by leccy, remains one of the best headphones I've ever heard. From what I've heard the more recent T20v2 is no slouch either. I can definitely see some kind of T20 in my future...

Feb 6, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #138 of 146

Quote:
Audio Technica. There seriously isn't enough love for them compared to the AKG, Grado, Senns, and etc.

there aren't really many popular models other than the m50s. The Ad2000 deserve some respect, although i haven't heard them, from what i've read they can compete with the big boys

Feb 6, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #139 of 146
The ad700 are some of the clearest headphones with the largest soundstage in the price bracket, which are very highly regarded throughout even this community. The Ad900s are also amazing, basically a beefed up Ad900. That is not including their closed headphones which are regarded highly as well. People just seem to forget about them though.

Feb 6, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #140 of 146

Quote:
i heard Yamaha makes headphones are they any good.

No, not at all.
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, just ask the guys at the Orthodynamic thread and you'll find your answer in regards to vintage Yamahas. Even the modern headphones are said to be decent. The RH5 looks good at its price and the RH10 is an Ultrasone HFI-450 rebrand.

Feb 6, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #144 of 146

Quote:
Audio Technica. There seriously isn't enough love for them compared to the AKG, Grado, Senns, and etc.

Go to Japan, and you'll see them everywhere. Heck! They are even more popular than Denon, and I can name more great cans from Denon than ATH.

Quote:
there aren't really many popular models other than the m50s. The Ad2000 deserve some respect, although i haven't heard them, from what i've read they can compete with the big boys

The Earsuit series (e.g. ESW9 and ES7) are quite popular. Onto is like one of the consumer favourite (before the Beats hype). 

W5000 is one of the audiophile favourite, and benchmark for comfort. 

Feb 6, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #146 of 146

[size=medium]

Quote:

yeah, specialy in Latin america, and Denon.... this once i was wearing the HP700 and a cousin comes to me and tell me "if you are so fan of headphones why dont you buy good brands?" he meant sony and bose of course.

Quote:
Quote:
anbody else in here think Audio Technica is under rated?

Look a few posts up =)

i missed it :p

[/size]

Quote:
WPU audio labs

isnt the name WPU Sound Labs? ... it just has too much innovation for this time, it will be appreciated int he future tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back