$399 Apple iPod Touch 6G with 128GB storage and A8 chip
Jul 20, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #91 of 223
It's definitely better directly out of the headphone jack.  AND...if in the future you get some demanding headphones, you can go Lightning > Line Out to a headphone amplifier like the Oppo HA-2 or the JDS Labs C5D and drive some full sized cans.  You can't do that on your S6 Edge as Samsung decided to not support USB Line Out like some other Android phones (like my LG G4).

Um...GS6 works fine.

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #94 of 223
Impedance measurements will turn up here probably.
http://monoadc.blog64.fc2.com/blog-entry-99.html

I will probably get a 128GB silver version after looking at them in store today(not apple store so no 128GB).

I will use it with Flacplayer app to Hifi-M8 or Mini-M8, venturecraft 7N lightning cable,
ATH-ESW11 or DITA-The Truth.

Flacplayer app

Apple devices headphone out or to a DAC/Amp go up to 16/48.

If you add a CCK into the mis you can get more.

pic 1 normal set up. ipod touch 5G to external DAC/Amp.

24/96 to an external dac/amp comes out at 16/48.

pic 3. overkill test.  24/192 using CCK and flacplayer app to Hifi-M8.

Jul 22, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #95 of 223
Is there any way to get one of these in the States? It would be perfect for using with my ALO International+ as it is iOS 7 certified I believe.

http://tw.taobao.com/item/44240667193.htm?fromSite=main

And how much is it in USD? Not sure of the currency they are using (Doh!) Hong Kong? Then it seems too inexpensive......

Jul 22, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #96 of 223
I'm still on the fence whether to buy the new touch. I don't like the new user interface of iTunes with icons like "for you", "@connect" etc. I feel it just makes it lazier and more unresponsive.
Seriously, "for you"??? I don't like someone or something recommending me what to love:monkey:
This is what I get when I start the player

Look at all the bloat ware at the bottom of this screen

Jul 22, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #97 of 223
There are alternative audio players.
I'm planning on picking one up and if I don't like the stock music app I'll be using either Vox or Ecoute, along with whatever streaming music app I'll be subscribing to.

Jul 22, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #98 of 223
I'm still on the fence whether to buy the new touch. I don't like the new user interface of iTunes with icons like "for you", "@connect" etc. I feel it just makes it lazier and more unresponsive.
Seriously, "for you"??? I don't like someone or something recommending me what to love:monkey:
This is what I get when I start the player

Look at all the bloat ware at the bottom of this screen
i agree on the bloatware part, the only thing im really after is the capacity and the thinness of the ipod..and also i noticed with ios8.4 music app where some albums won't show up on "albums" anymore, you have to select "compilation" all the time unlike the old way that regardless if it is a "compilation" like certain movie soundtracks it will still show up on "Albums" the album name of that compilation,if you get what i mean..so annoying having to switch from "Album" to "Compilation" just to see my songs or "Artists"..and that is with using iPhone6, i figure it is similar to iTouch as it runs on basically the same iOS version as my wife is having similar issues on her 5th gen iTouch..

Jul 23, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #101 of 223
I just bought it. 128gb.

Seems to have lots of bloat ware somewhere.

It's not bloat ware. Not like Android devices anyway. Apple just builds in all of their productivity apps which eats memory. It's not like they are loading Amazon or Yellow Pages and whatnot like some Android manufacturers do. This is also why I always buy unlocked phones. Much easier to clean that crap off and you don't need to worry about the carriers loading extra stuff.

Fact is...you'll never get close to the advertised space. That's why most people prefer expandable storage devices.

Jul 23, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #103 of 223
It's not bloat ware. Not like Android devices anyway. Apple just builds in all of their productivity apps which eats memory. It's not like they are loading Amazon or Yellow Pages and whatnot like some Android manufacturers do. This is also why I always buy unlocked phones. Much easier to clean that crap off and you don't need to worry about the carriers loading extra stuff.

Fact is...you'll never get close to the advertised space. That's why most people prefer expandable storage devices.

It's not just the productivity apps. There's also the OS which needs to be held in the flash memory. However, a good part of the disappearing storage is a result of "over provisioning". This basically means that a proportion of the the flash memory is set aside to take over from failed memory cells. Flash memory cells can and do fail. When they do they can be remapped to another area without any loss of the total amount of available memory.

My 128GB iPhone 6 gives me only 114GB of storage available if that's any consolation to any new iPod 128GB owners. It's normal and has always been the case with iOS devices.

Jul 24, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #104 of 223
i wished they just released a 200GB or 256GB version tho, i mean 128GB iphone6 is out so why not release a higher capacity device being it an iPod like the Classic used to be which has bigger storage than an iphone, but at least they decided not to abandon the ipod line...yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back