$38.99 Shipped - Philips HP910
Jan 18, 2010 at 8:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

1Time

Headphoneus Supremus
These are selling out fast. No longer in production. Open headphones, light weight, and comfy. Usual on line pricing is ~$42 shipped, which is still a great deal. Philips Pro Stereo Hi-Definition Headphones - eBay (item 370317218845 end time Feb-06-10 08:33:00 PST)

I modded mine and keep experimenting with different mods. It sounds different depending on what it's plugged into, drivers used, and how modded.

It can have a very aggressive, energetic, spacious, and impactful sound, which I particularly like with classic rock. Of the dozen or so headphones I've sold (used with various equipment), I wouldn't buy a single one of them again to replace my HP910 for use with my XS71 sound card (Windows XP: Cmedia\8768_20051116).

Jan 18, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #2 of 15
You could buy these just for the design for Grado's
ph34r.gif

But nice find. I don't need headphones for now.

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #4 of 15
Interesting. They look kind of "plasticky" though. Are they loose fitting like Audio Technica headphones, or are they a little tighter?

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #5 of 15
When new my HP910 was a little clampy, tight on me but not uncomfortable. It's very comfy now (after modding), similar to how the HD555 fit me, but the material on HP910 feels better.

I owned the AD700, and it was loose and odd fitting. I had to press the ear cups to my ears to approximate a proper fit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting. They look kind of "plasticky" though. Are they loose fitting like Audio Technica headphones, or are they a little tighter?

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #6 of 15
I'm going against the Head-fi way.
eek.gif
confused_face_2.gif
wink_face.gif

But seriously, I should stop buying headphones for a while. People think I'm crazy. I should save up for a big improvement. Now THAT is the Head-fi way.
wink_face.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, no pressure, you don't have to buy headphones if you don't need them... lol.

Jan 19, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #9 of 15
Nice...no International shipping. Seriously, what is the problem with shipping internationally!? I ALWAYS do it. Shipped my p-51 mustang amp and SR-225 internationally not long ago. Very easy to ship worldwide and money wont be a problem because the buyer will pay the extra money.

Jan 19, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #11 of 15
I had a pair of these and modded them up and had alot of fun with them. I ended up selling them to clear room for new stuff in the house. The buyer liked the mods and was using them the last I heard. They are very comfy and are plasticky but they held up pretty well IMO. The wings have an elastic holding them together versus the AT wings. They are a very bassy IEM, I ended up frustrated with the slower aspects of their bass and just struggled with the treble sounding right for me. But for the price they are not a bad headphone and don't require an amp to be enjoyed. I would say they are an often forgotten lower prices option for someone wanting a bassy fullsize headphone especially by me as of late.

Jan 23, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a pair of these and modded them up and had alot of fun with them. I ended up selling them to clear room for new stuff in the house. The buyer liked the mods and was using them the last I heard. They are very comfy and are plasticky but they held up pretty well IMO. The wings have an elastic holding them together versus the AT wings. They are a very bassy IEM, I ended up frustrated with the slower aspects of their bass and just struggled with the treble sounding right for me. But for the price they are not a bad headphone and don't require an amp to be enjoyed. I would say they are an often forgotten lower prices option for someone wanting a bassy fullsize headphone especially by me as of late.

Huhhhh?

Jan 23, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are selling out fast. No longer in production. Open headphones, light weight, and comfy. Usual on line pricing is ~$42 shipped, which is still a great deal. Philips Pro Stereo Hi-Definition Headphones - eBay (item 370317218845 end time Feb-06-10 08:33:00 PST)

I modded mine and keep experimenting with different mods. It sounds different depending on what it's plugged into, drivers used, and how modded.

It can have a very aggressive, energetic, spacious, and impactful sound, which I particularly like with classic rock. Of the dozen or so headphones I've sold (used with various equipment), I wouldn't buy a single one of them again to replace my HP910 for use with my XS71 sound card (Windows XP: Cmedia\8768_20051116).

You modded yours? (also with different drivers?)
Do you have a thread with all those mods described hidden somewhere here at head-fi?

Jan 23, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by revolink24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huhhhh?

I found these to have much more bass than alot of other open headphones I have owned, certainly more bass than AD700/900 and slightly more than my HD600 (this is very subjective though on the HD600 as they are faster which compared to the slower bass of the HP910 so may actually be about the same).

In the end it was the treble detail that bothered me though.

Jan 24, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #15 of 15
Someone should sell them internationally
frown.gif

85$ SI at overstock.com isn't that appealing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back