32 Ohm Audio - The ALO Retail Store!!
Oct 13, 2009 at 8:45 AM Post #91 of 115
All the best in your new shop, Ken! Do hope I'll be able to visit one day!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #92 of 115
Portland is still one of the cities in the US with a strong small shop base. Most of our big box stores have been relegated to the "berbs" They're creeping into town slowly, but you'll see mostly "One Horse" looking streets in "Stumptown"

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where does the trough go, for the "one horse"?
smile.gif

Oct 13, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #93 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Portland is still one of the cities in the US with a strong small shop base. Most of our big box stores have been relegated to the "berbs" They're creeping into town slowly, but you'll see mostly "One Horse" looking streets in "Stumptown"

Aye...and lets hope it stays that way.

Ken shocked and pleased to know it is already open.

The store is looking uber cool.
We'll have to toast this ground breaking moment some time soon...
beerchug.gif

Oct 13, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #94 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where does the trough go, for the "one horse"?
smile.gif

Hawthorne in PDX is a lot like Melrose in LA used to be in the early 80's. Back when it was really cool.

I'm just jealous of KB's options for lunch spots.

Oct 28, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #96 of 115
Hey Ken & Curtis Just wanted to let you know I"m really pleased with the recable of my esw9. really transforms them - better detail and wider soundstage. thanks for the great price and turnaround

Tom.

Oct 29, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #97 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by tcp56 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Ken & Curtis Just wanted to let you know I"m really pleased with the recable of my esw9. really transforms them - better detail and wider soundstage. thanks for the great price and turnaround

Tom.

Tom,

It was great to see you again please do stop by and say hello. I will email you about the "grand" opening par-tay at the store.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Oct 30, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #98 of 115
oh wow
I wish there a shop like this in Melbourne....**envy**
Maybe Ken would like to open one here in Melbourne Aussie?

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #99 of 115
Is the official Grand Opening next Friday 12/11/09? If so, what time? Looking forward to it.

Great store btw, and great service. So nice to have something like this in Portland.

Dec 19, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #100 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
32ohm_front.jpg

How much for shipping to Boston, MA?

Oh, wait ....

Congrats on your store; hopefully your holiday business is a-boomin'!

Dec 19, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #101 of 115
I had the opportunity to stop by Ken's store last weekend while I was in town on business. Ken you have done an outstanding job setting up and outfitting a world class headphone centric audio store.

If you live in the Portland area this should be a destination. Really well designed listening stations.

Dec 20, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #102 of 115
I finally had a chance to get in from the coast to visit the store. Get layout with plenty of different stock items for every level and taste. Got a pair of Phiaton PS 210 hybrid inears. (Part IEM/Part Earbud) and even just burning in a bit, the bass is amazing while still having a clear and subtle mid and high range. only a bit "In-Ear" while still staying in place on the outer ear. I brought my non audiophile friend Mona who lives nearby and got a pair of PS210's for her too. I suspect she'll be frequenting the store often without me. (I'm so jealous) She really likes the "Imod Amphora Wall". Ken's ALO cabling handywork is all about. Re-cabled 701's just to name one. Best of luck to 32 Ohm and hope to get my wallet back in there again soon.

Jun 13, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #103 of 115
Just to revive this thread....

I've visited this store for the first time this month, and been back once, and will be back back again to make a purchase.  We're pretty darn lucky to have this type of retail/audio experience in Portland.  Pretty unique for any city to have such a focused offering for audiophiles, with access from all price points, with super knowledgeable and patient staff willing to help and answer questions.  The selection of gear is amazing, and the headphone industry is healthier overall because of what Ken and crew offer there!  Kudos.

Jun 13, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #104 of 115
I'll be in Portland at the end of August, so if I haven't already purchased an Alo RX, I'll probably stop in and hopefully pick one up. I also really want to give the ALO 780s a listen and see how my diy modded 780s compare. I've never actually been to an audio store before so I'm pretty excited 
dt880smile.png

Jun 13, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #105 of 115
Hey Clou91,

Thank you for the kind words!

I will have the Cypher Labs AlgoRhytm Prototype available to test drive if anyone is interested at the store, please email me if you would like to demo this.  I also have the Modded Tesla 1s, Sennheiser HD800 for sale along with the ALO audio cable, Modded HFI 780s, Modded Audio Technica W5000s and modded re cabled Grado RS1, RS2, SR325i, GS1000 and PS1000s at the store. Some of these items you would have to ask for at the shop.

Again thanks,

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back