3 Orpheus on ebay.com, ebab.co.uk right now
Feb 10, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #2 of 80
[size=medium]GBP 21,500.00 (a[/size][size=small]pproximately [/size][size=small]US $34,606.40)[/size]

eek.gif

blink.gif

[size=small]I will watch these, and maybe in a hundred years I will be able to afford one (but alas, by then my ears will be useless). [/size]
frown.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 4:51 AM Post #4 of 80
I don't understand why the price is getting higher and higher for HE90.
I expect the price would be lower after the news of the new C32 (Stax new model) but it
seems to work in the opposite direction.
Again why the price of the combo HE90/HEV90 is getting much more higher, and HEV90 is probably not 
as  good to the HE90 as the Aristaeus, Single power ES1,ES2 , BHSE or even Woo Wee.  The HEV90 is
also not very good to the Stax headphones comparing to the Woo Wee and BHSE

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #6 of 80
Jaben Beijing is selling HE60, Qualia 010 and MDR R10 on Taobao (Chinese ebay) for $58888RMB

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #7 of 80

Quote:
I don't understand why the price is getting higher and higher for HE90.
I expect the price would be lower after the news of the new C32 (Stax new model) but it
seems to work in the opposite direction.
Again why the price of the combo HE90/HEV90 is getting much more higher, and HEV90 is probably not 
as  good to the HE90 as the Aristaeus, Single power ES1,ES2 , BHSE or even Woo Wee.  The HEV90 is
also not very good to the Stax headphones comparing to the Woo Wee and BHSE

Appeals to well-heeled collectors and headphone aficionados.  It's a statement product, a legend of its time.  Who else made 1 µm diaphragms?  There was very little competition, except from the odd Omega and R10.  I wonder if spare parts (the stators, in particular) are still available.  It's been a while since I've been around here
redface.gif
  I know you can still send HE60s to Sennheiser Germany for full servicing if you're willing to part with many hundreds of Euros.

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #8 of 80
Dear Xymordos,
Is Taobao reliable?  How can we be sure that they are not the fake one?
How can we get into Taobao?  Are they in English too?
How much is the 58888 RMB?  Is that equal to 9000$

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #11 of 80

Quote:
Dear Xymordos,
Is Taobao reliable?  How can we be sure that they are not the fake one?
How can we get into Taobao?  Are they in English too?
How much is the 58888 RMB?  Is that equal to 9000$

There are good traders on taobao, and fakes. But jaben is a sponsor on Head-Fi:)
They do have an actual shop in beijing. But i would suggest you to call their beijing shop (www.jaben.net) to see if they actually have the items. 
I'm too poor to buy them ):

Feb 12, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #12 of 80

Quote:
the prices are absurd. no one will pay that.

Yeah, but there are many overnight multi-millionaires in China.  They're possibly the target customers, people who are coming to HK and are happy to pay $1M+ for small flats without even viewing.  You never know.  Daddy's small business might get listed and the next day he'll get you a pair.  I'll keep on dreaming.
wink.gif

Feb 12, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #14 of 80
The price has gone up to more than 4000$ with more than 3 more days left.
I think it will go above 8,000$  and probably will reach 5000$ today
The other two's on ebay.co.uk don't move .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back