3.5mm connector buttony thing?
Nov 9, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #16 of 19
Halk, to further clear up the compatibility, it seems that the i9000s in the US market are indeed using the "iPhone" wiring, whereas in Asia and Europe they seem to be using the "Nokia" wiring. These 2 different wirings are what caused the confusion. If you bought a UK model, it should be using the Nokia wiring. But you already mentioned it does not work with a Nokia headset. So then it probably is the iPhone wiring...

Nov 9, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #17 of 19
my sgs is the asia version, and it has the nokia wiring. i believe there are 2 types of wiring in the market now - the apple type and the nokia type.

companies that use the apple wiring - apple, blackberry and htc
companies that use the nokia wiring - nokia, sony ericsson, samsung

above is true for phones that i've tried which are meant for the asia market, so it may be different for your region, like the sgs.

creative has a new iem which HS-730i includes an apple-nokia adapter, so if the iem you have is for apple-wiring, you can use the adapter to make it compatible with nokia-wiring.
http://us.store.creative.com/HS730i/M/B0042ZAG58.htm

Nov 10, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #18 of 19
Mine is the international version. There's various versions in the US and in select parts of the world, however I'm reluctant to believe that the different versions have different pinouts on the headphone jack. The Nokia thing I was using had pause/play, volume buttons, stop, forward and reverse buttons in addition to the one purpose button - perhaps that was why it didn't work? I am certain though that I have a UK version, although it's not operator branded/locked it is marked as UK Vodafone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Samsung_Galaxy_S_Series#Galaxy_S_Variants

Nov 11, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #19 of 19
A little bit further forward on this one...

A TV out cable arrived today for my phone (£2.04!) which works surprisingly well. I need to switch my phone into TV out mode for it to work. It's a Nokia TV out cable.... and I realised that when I change it to TV out mode it changes the headphone socket to be a Nokia compatible one. When I plug in the Nokia button controller thing and my headphones into that, when in TV out mode, the sound comes out correctly while in TV out mode. Sadly though the controls don't work...

So at least that solves the Nokia/not Nokia mystery :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back