2Pac
May 9, 2003 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

johnny sack

100+ Head-Fier
do people here like 2Pac at all?

every time someone posts something about "what should I listen to" i suggest 2pac and it seems as if everyone just ignores it

May 9, 2003 at 5:54 AM Post #2 of 27
I'm not into rap anymore, but every once in a while I throw on some Tupac and I still find myself enjoying it. Says a lot when someone who, for the most part is extremely bored with that genre of music, can listen to it and still enjoy it. You don't have to be a fan of rap to like his stuff. Hell, even if you hate rap, there's surely at least one song in there that you'll love.

I always forget that I like his CDs, too, and then someone comes along and reminds me. Like right now. Who knows, maybe tonight I might listen to some Tupac if I can pull myself away from Kid A.

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny sack
every time someone posts something about "what should I listen to" i suggest 2pac and it seems as if everyone just ignores it

I feel the same way every time I (constantly) recommend Matthew Good. I think most people just have never heard of him since he's Canadian... though there are a few people on here who know of and like him, the majority of which are Canadian anyways.

In the case of 2pac, I'm assuming that while some people might not like his stuff, there will always be a percentage of people, however small or big that number may be, who will assume that he was just a regular typical rapper stereotype; all about the bragging and the women and the typical bull like that, that there's nothing that really set him apart. But in truth there are some gems in there. I'll post later with a shortlist of my fave songs by 2pac.

May 9, 2003 at 6:17 AM Post #3 of 27
2pac'z one ob my favorite rapper of all time...i think he'z the only rapper with rapping talent (cept for eminem who has lyrics talent)

May 9, 2003 at 6:28 AM Post #4 of 27
to me 2Pac's music just sounds good. sapphiremodena was correct when he said that 2Pac was not the typical rapper. Everyone should listen to at least one of his songs.

About 6 months ago I never would have listened to 2Pac, then a roommate of mine played "Shorty Gonna Be A Thug" and I started listening to more and more of his music.

I guess I would recommend that song to a first time listener, that song or perhaps "California Love"

Jun 7, 2003 at 1:30 AM Post #7 of 27
california love is definitely one of the top rap songs in music history. Theres very little rap that i like but hes great. Other top rappers; Biggy, NERD (group), Roots, Talib Kweli . I LOVE the N.E.R.D. CD

Jun 7, 2003 at 1:44 AM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by BoardC3
california love is definitely one of the top rap songs in music history. Theres very little rap that i like but hes great. Other top rappers; Biggy, NERD (group), Roots, Talib Kweli . I LOVE the N.E.R.D. CD

You live in New York, have you ever heard of Eastern Conference Records label from New York?

Jun 7, 2003 at 6:21 AM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by BoardC3
california love is definitely one of the top rap songs in music history.

I think I will second that one, and also state that I think 2Pac was an extremely talented rapper.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 8, 2003 at 3:23 AM Post #10 of 27
I like 2Pac alot. my favortie cd's are.
-All Eyez on me
-Me against the world
-The Don Killuminati(the 7 day theory)

Jun 8, 2003 at 5:35 AM Post #11 of 27
I thought I was the only one who liked 2pac. Im from the west so I got to love my man pac. I was in Las Vegas and saw the spot he got shot. It was interesting, I got food poisoning and went to the emergency room that he was in. I have all his CDs and like them all. My favorite Music Video is: Keep Ya Head Up
Song: So Much Pain (its a unrealeased so its hard to find, but its an insane song)
I love all his songs so its hard to pick a favorite. Pac is on my list of favorites. My list of best rappers of all time is
1) 2Pac
2) Nas
3) Snoop Dogg(his old stuff)
Its great to find other people that love pac.

Jun 8, 2003 at 9:51 AM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by Knocturnal

So Much Pain (its a unrealeased so its hard to find, but its an insane song)

Not really important, but if you're talking about that song with a short dialog from Above The Rim as an introduction, it was in fact released on some European maxi CD. And yea it's a really tight track
biggrin.gif

As for Tupac, I think he wasn't the average rapper, not necesseraly because he was the most talented or the best lyricist, but because he put so much feelings into his songs. You can tell he really let his heart speak on some tracks, that's why you can appreciate 2pac songs and not be into rap.

Aside from that, he was a charismatic person, and watching some documentary about his live is interresting, makes me think he was a rather good and sensible person.

Some of my favorite tracks : Unconditionnal Love, Dear Mama, Only God Can Judge Me, Street Life, I'mgetting Money, They Don't Give A ***** About Us, Shorty Wanna Be A Thug, Still I Rise...

Jun 8, 2003 at 1:23 PM Post #14 of 27
dear mama & keep your head up
smily_headphones1.gif

he was truly a gifted rapper,

but i hardly listen to rap anymore
everyone wants to be a gangster, ( killing, drug dealing, & ho pimping)
alot has changed from my days
Sugar Hill Gang, Spoony G, Grandmaster Flash.
Now them there days was Rap
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

the language is sometimes offensive.
if i can't listen with my kids, i don't listen

i find my son knows all the words to a 50 cent song, but has problem remembering his school work
mad.gif

maybe they should make school work in rap.
very_evil_smiley.gif

if you all have kids you'll understand where i'm coming from.

too much s@#t, motherf%^$#r, ass and so on on cd's now a days.
I'm 41 & my parents have never heard any of there 3 kids curse.

the first time my son uses a curse word on me
someone please call 911
send an ambulance to my house cause he's gonna need it
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

but wait
yesterday i found the apple music store sells clean version, so we're listening to 50 cent today
biggrin.gif

"Many Men Wish Death On Me"
smily_headphones1.gif

sorry if i got a little carried away
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 8, 2003 at 2:01 PM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by pod-lover
dear mama & keep your head up
smily_headphones1.gif

he was truly a gifted rapper,

but i hardly listen to rap anymore
everyone wants to be a gangster, ( killing, drug dealing, & ho pimping)
alot has changed from my days
Sugar Hill Gang, Spoony G, Grandmaster Flash.
Now them there days was Rap
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

the language is sometimes offensive.
if i can't listen with my kids, i don't listen

i find my son knows all the words to a 50 cent song, but has problem remembering his school work
mad.gif

maybe they should make school work in rap.
very_evil_smiley.gif

if you all have kids you'll understand where i'm coming from.

too much s@#t, motherf%^$#r, ass and so on on cd's now a days.
I'm 41 & my parents have never heard any of there 3 kids curse.

the first time my son uses a curse word on me
someone please call 911
send an ambulance to my house cause he's gonna need it
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

but wait
yesterday i found the apple music store sells clean version, so we're listening to 50 cent today
biggrin.gif

"Many Men Wish Death On Me"
smily_headphones1.gif

sorry if i got a little carried away
evil_smiley.gif

I feel the same way with all this Bling Bling, they don't even rap they talk with a fancy beat. All the videos looks the same, Thats why Im into the underground Rap, they don't sing about bling bling & they really do rap with a fancy beat. If underground Rap was not here I would have to change my taste in music..............50 cent looks like homo with a with a wavecap sorry no disrespect to anyone but thats what 50cent looks like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back