24bit 96khz Kingston Class 4 failure
Jul 16, 2011 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Bojamijams

Headphoneus Supremus
Running the 0.19beta (latest I think) firmware.  Tried to play my first ever 24bit 96khz and nothing happens.  Stays at 00:00:00.  If I leave it alone for 10 seconds, it completely freezes and battery removal is required.

Has anyone played 24bit 96khz successfully? If so, what SD card and what firmware please?

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #2 of 4
 Hi, I had a same issue but I found the solution of it.  Before playing of hi-res trek I run a "light" file (for instance, mp3 - for "training") for a few seconds.  Then stop the playing and go to a folder with hi-res files. Select a desired hi-res file and run one - all works fine.

And else, you can just press the Reset button instead the battery removing .  

In my view, this is  issue of hardware the first 801

Jul 18, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #3 of 4
What format are your 24bit 96khz files in?

As for what and where the issue is, don't  even get me started.  I can't believe we've been on BETA firmware for a better part of a year now. 

Jul 18, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #4 of 4
I got it working with the workaround you posted and the 24bit 96khz encoded in FLAC.  I tried with .WAV but it kept freezing even when I preloaded a MP3.  I really REALLY hope Fang/Nankai is working on new firmware.  Its very dissapointing to be left on beta firmware as the official firmware. 

Quote:
 Hi, I had a same issue but I found the solution of it.  Before playing of hi-res trek I run a "light" file (for instance, mp3 - for "training") for a few seconds.  Then stop the playing and go to a folder with hi-res files. Select a desired hi-res file and run one - all works fine.

And else, you can just press the Reset button instead the battery removing .  

In my view, this is  issue of hardware the first 801

Users who are viewing this thread

Back