2359glenn | studio
Jan 8, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #7,366 of 39,994
Jan 8, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #7,367 of 39,994
You mean it wasn't my Hawaiian Tube collection?

WOW what a relief.........

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #7,368 of 39,994
  I reported it. Must have happened after the update last hour...

Crap, I thought I was drinking some good beers.  

blocks_image_0_1.png

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #7,370 of 39,994
While I don't drink beer, maybe I could redeem
tongue_smile.gif
in Reims?

blink.gif
 The squeezed layout is beginning to make my eyes twitch...

Jan 8, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #7,378 of 39,994
Looks ok on my ipad in mobile format...
Edit.....dooooooh, desktop format is definitely wonky.

Jan 8, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #7,379 of 39,994
  gonna be putting some of my headphones for sale soon, thinking of leaving head-fi altogether once i get enough money for my car. i really can't stand the community or the staff here anymore.

i just wished i moved on sooner, i have tons of tubes that are going to take forever to sell and some that will only lose money because they aren't worth that much.

It is both very unfortunate you feel this way and have these experiences.  Such behavior should never occur.

Do not give up an activity you enjoy merely because some of its practitioners are jerks.

I am, however, finding this ironic.  I would not know of this issue other than others quoting this post.  Dubstep Girl is the only member here on my ignore list and has been for well over a year.  This was due to highly inappropriate, immature off-topic DG posts directed at a number of posters with which she disagreed.

I do not delight in DG's recent experiences and am saddened by them.  But this does remind all of us that our behaviors matter and have real impacts on others.  

It is also occasionally a good learning opportunity to experience both sides of an issue.

I join in the congratulations and acknowledgment of the excellent attitudes and posters in this thread.  The recent amp repair discussion is a wonderful example.

Again, do not abandon an enjoyed activity merely because of a few bad experiences.  There are jerks everywhere.  Do not give them any power.

Best wishes to all.

(No, I will not discuss or further reopen the past.  There is no benefit in doing so.  I mention it only for balance and context.)

Jan 8, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #7,380 of 39,994
lol i barely remember to be honest. that probably was back when i would argue in the sound science forum, i decided to stop visiting that because everyone thinks they're right and it got annoying.

but also back then, i had very low post counts and didn't really care much cause i was new. 

and its not that just some "practitioners are jerks" but that also the staff here isn't always fair or just. not to go into some of the more controversial topics, but its a bit of everything that makes me want to leave head-fi. Part of me does want to kind of move on and just be done, but also theres other factors at play. i try to stay away from threads which seem to cause alot of debate or where other head-fiers here that don't like me tend to hang around. After my recent experience with my tube selling thread and the way the staff handled it. As well as seeing how a few head-fiers complaining about me started a huge debate and despite my efforts to explain, I was left with the decision to either humiliate myself by explaining how much I paid for everything and putting everything up for lower prices, or to simply not sell them. As for the tubes, it was only a few that where brought into question, but I would have to explain everything and my thread was temporarily hidden during all this.

This all said, I am looking forward to moving on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back