2359glenn | studio
Sep 3, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #4,786 of 39,994
Quote:
Thank you, Ultra-, for a most welcomed stay at your place and a chance to meet the Mayor of your town.
And thank you for that Processie that you arranged to walk in front of your house during my stay with a Belgian farm horse.
And thank you for the two violet OC3 regulator tubes. They glow fantastically in my Decware Mini Torii.
And of course, thanks for the two 2399 tubes. They look very unique.

OC3 regulator tubes glowing violet.

Oh, pretty.  Is that your Mini Torii?

Sep 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #4,787 of 39,994
Quote:
I think you mean whet your appetite 
size]
!  English has too many quirks.  

David
how did the 6336s work out ?

Sep 3, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #4,789 of 39,994
Auto spelling doesn't help either!

Thanks David, this is to whet Ultra's appetite

Sep 3, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #4,790 of 39,994
Quote:
David
how did the 6336s work out ?

Glenn, I really liked how they sounded.  I haven't spent enough time with them yet, but I was very pleased.

Sep 3, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #4,791 of 39,994
  Yes it is.
It is a wonderful amp and very pretty to look at.
I use it with speakers only.

I remember you getting some HE-500's to plug into the speaker taps at last year's meet which is the only reason I recognized that amp :p

Sep 4, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #4,794 of 39,994
  Very nice photos Clayton!

Just as well you didn't check who was lying at the back of the wagon, flat out drunk!!!!!!!!!!!!
ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Ultra, you are right, here are some from my collection

And to wet your appetite

Auto spelling doesn't help either!

Thanks David, this is to whet Ultra's appetite

Nice showing off, I got some brown cup base GECs
beerchug.gif
. I am keeping mine, but one pair was dead already two years ago after heavy use and shipped a few times. I got them when they were $120 a pair.

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #4,795 of 39,994
Seamaster nothing to show off really.

These are just 6AS7G and 6080 tubes, nothing special.

It's Clayton's fault, he started it showing off his nice chocolates..............

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #4,798 of 39,994
I can believe that for some people, they can sound better. I am not sure my heavy metal abused ears could appreciate all the nuances as they are described. 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 4, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #4,799 of 39,994
Every 6sn7 I have listened to sounded uniquely different. Better is a matter of opinion and perspective but regardless there were always readily identifiable differences. I'm always surprised by how much so in fact.

Sep 4, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #4,800 of 39,994
  Do these expensive tubes really sound that much better?  Stavros tube collection is unbelievable he only shows a few every now and then.

Glenn,

For me the biggest limitation is the recordings and wanted to have some funds left over to support the arts. Yesterday I threw out a recording of Mahler Symphony No. 2 not because of the performance but the engineering of the CD was so bad. It was on 2 disks and the first disk was just 20 minutes long and the second disk was chopped up into so many parts even a track break in a middle of a song. Just horrible! It was just a cheap used CD so I did not lose out much. I thought about having a 300B based amp but recent health issues is taking up the funds. The key thing I can say is just to have fun and enjoy the company and happy in spite of the limitation that life sometimes throws in your path.  I think that the many posts here and the talk about food are showing off the fun we are having.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back