2359glenn | studio
Jun 20, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #3,424 of 39,986
I see quite a few connections using that green and yellow striped wire, especially along that metal strap with the multiple connections on it.  One of those connections has no visible solder and that wire moves loosely.  I take it this is the problem?  It's a pretty cramped place to get an iron into, but I will attempt to get some solder on that connection myself.

Jun 21, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #3,428 of 39,986
Quote:
I decided not to try it.  I have no idea if those capacitors have charge in them, and it might be dangerous.  I'm going to wait until I get further instructions.

You can solder it there will be no charge on the capacitors at this time.
There is a 100K ohm bleeder resistor in there to discharge the filter capacitors so everything
will be discharged 10 min after turning the amp off.

Jun 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #3,429 of 39,986
*sigh*  I can't get any solder to adhere to my iron.  Need to go pick up some sandpaper and clean the tip first. 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 21, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #3,431 of 39,986
Well I don't get it, but I can't do it.  I've tried over and over, but the solder won't form a joint.  No matter what I do the wire is still loose.

People say soldering is so "easy" but this is maddening.

Jun 21, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #3,434 of 39,986
I was able to solder the coupling caps in the Yaqin alright.  It seems like I can't get the heat to transfer, but I keep touching things I don't intend to with the iron too so I'm afraid I may have no choice but to mail it to you for repairs.

I have a friend who is pretty handy with a soldering iron, I'll ask him if he wants to give it a try before completely giving up.

I hate to mail it again, every time it makes a trip through the mail it gets shaken up and we run the risk of another joint weakening, but I really don't know what else to do about it now.

It's nobody's fault, just bad luck, but I'm can't help but feel a little bummed.  I own two tube amps and both of them are broken. 
frown.gif

Jun 22, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #3,435 of 39,986
Dear Glenn:

I want buy a one pair of 6SN7->6DE7 Teflon tube adapters , my headphone amplifier is Woo Audio WA6-SE.

Please kindly quote for us for your best with Taiwan.

Best Regraed

David Chen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back