[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Mar 12, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #2,191 of 7,442
Guys, a small question. How would you describe Monk's sound signature? 

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #2,192 of 7,442

Thanks, I'll try to get some of those. I don't suppose there are covers that are, how to describe it, softer/thicker or fluffier? It might be that the stock covers are just kind of irritating my ears by rubbing against the skin. I also just want to buy some stuff to customize my monk, but shhhh

they're quite soft to the touch, and so thin that you can pretty much look through them, but they fit me quite nice since they're right in the middle when compared to the large stock red foamies thickness wise :), I can take pictures of the two next to another if you'd like me to, so you could estimate how they'd compare to the red foamies.

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #2,193 of 7,442

-snip-

I didn't know, actually. It's embaressing how little I know about hardware and audio stuff. I mainly come here because you guys are pretty damn good at sniffing out deals and explaining why you should buy some brands and avoid others. But I can solder well enough, though its been a few years. Just need to get together the parts, what needs to go where and then I can go on an adventure. I kinda like putting things together, so I think I'll have fun even if I screw up a few times. 

they're quite soft to the touch, and so thin that you can pretty much look through them, but they fit me quite nice since they're right in the middle when compared to the large stock red foamies thickness wise :), I can take pictures of the two next to another if you'd like me to, so you could estimate how they'd compare to the red foamies.

Nah, you don't need to go out of your way. For that kind of price I'll just get some and see what comes from it. Thanks for offering though. 

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #2,195 of 7,442
So I've had some time with my monks now. Absolutely great, even in the train I can get decent enough bass. The only thing that's a bit less is the foam covers that came with it. I think they're either too thick or too thin, because they kind of irritate my ears, I think. Could any of you reccomend me some aftermarket covers, so I can try out something different? 

Also, @monk v3, I think the monks are fine the way they are, but I'd maybe like to see something from lee in between the monk and the asura. Something around 25-30 that would absolutely kill the portapro's in their price category. But the monks are already doing a good job at that, so I can't complain ;P
http://m.shenzhenaudio.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Hiegi

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #2,198 of 7,442
The only rubber rings I could find on Aliexpress were $6 for a single set! and had a lot of not so great reviews.

i ended up spending $17 to get 5 sets sent here from the UK sennheiser spare parts store which is the only place that seems to carry them - 7.5gbp shipping on a 5gbp product! argh lol

http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/portable-headphones/mx-980/ear-adapter-rings-black-10-pieces.html

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #2,199 of 7,442
  The only rubber rings I could find on Aliexpress were $6 for a single set! and had a lot of not so great reviews.

i ended up spending $17 to get 5 sets sent here from the UK sennheiser spare parts store which is the only place that seems to carry them - 7.5gbp shipping on a 5gbp product! argh lol

http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/portable-headphones/mx-980/ear-adapter-rings-black-10-pieces.html

Oh man I think VE is readying some sort of accessory package including premium rubber rims which you can buy separately. I think if you already own a zen, if you get a monk or something they will throw in the accessory pack for free, which itself will cost similar or same as the monk I think.

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #2,200 of 7,442

Oh man I think VE is readying some sort of accessory package including premium rubber rims which you can buy separately. I think if you already own a zen, if you get a monk or something they will throw in the accessory pack for free, which itself will cost similar or same as the monk I think.

I just bought 5x monk and 1x asura earlier today, i'd be ecstatic if someting like that was in the box but not getting my hopes up. Worst case scenario I have 5 more sets of rubber rings to use. Don't know why but lately the foams have been driving me mad haha so I think I'll be happy to get them.

I hope you're right though because whenever I lose these 5 I hope it's not as hard to get others!

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #2,201 of 7,442

warm, relaxed, detailed, just the right amount of emphasis on mids. so close to the HD25 to be honest...

Great. My impressions are exactly same. Was just double checking. 

Mar 13, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #2,202 of 7,442
Mar 13, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #2,203 of 7,442
playing with these bad boys~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back