[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
May 4, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #3,526 of 7,442
Does anyone know of any alternative cheap earbuds (that aren't in-ear)? I ordered my Monks almost 2 months ago and still haven't gotten here to Canada unfortunately. I'll probably try ordering another pair again and maybe it gets here this time but would appreciate an alternative especially if it was shipped from the US/Canada.

I see another one called Boarseman K25 on AliExpress with good reviews.

May 4, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #3,527 of 7,442
Does anyone know of any alternative cheap earbuds (that aren't in-ear)? I ordered my Monks almost 2 months ago and still haven't gotten here to Canada unfortunately. I'll probably try ordering another pair again and maybe it gets here this time but would appreciate an alternative especially if it was shipped from the US/Canada.

I see another one called Boarseman K25 on AliExpress with good reviews.

Have you opened a complaint? What does the tracking show?

May 4, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #3,528 of 7,442
Well, just got in my Monk+, and I must admit, getting 20 pairs of assorted earbud covers was really surprising.  I knew there'd be a bit, but wow that's a ton.  Heck, even if my Monk+ didn't work I wouldn't feel like I overpaid just for those.

May 4, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #3,529 of 7,442
  Well, just got in my Monk+, and I must admit, getting 20 pairs of assorted earbud covers was really surprising.  I knew there'd be a bit, but wow that's a ton.  Heck, even if my Monk+ didn't work I wouldn't feel like I overpaid just for those.

I know! I'm like "what am I supposed to do with all of this stuff?" lol

May 4, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #3,532 of 7,442

I know! I'm like "what am I supposed to do with all of this stuff?" lol

I was going to order some Hiegi covers that would have cost more than this for the 2 packs, but apparently I'm covered for a bit now!

I was really happy with Hiegi foams with my Zen, Cygnus, Monk, Ting, Dark Horse G400 etc until i got the Monk+ package.
When i used it's foams with my earbuds, the soundstage and SQ just opened up. Damn, i am more happy with Monk+ foams rather than the Monk+.

Now i can enjoy all my high end earbuds more with Monk+ earbuds.

May 4, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #3,533 of 7,442
  I was really happy with Hiegi foams with my Zen, Cygnus, Monk, Ting, Dark Horse G400 etc until i got the Monk+ package.
When i used it's foams with my earbuds, the soundstage and SQ just opened up. Damn, i am more happy with Monk+ foams rather than the Monk+.

Which foams are you liking with the Monk+? 

May 4, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #3,534 of 7,442

Which foams are you liking with the Monk+? 

The RED BLUE color foam.

May 4, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #3,535 of 7,442
The RED BLUE color foam.

Thanks. My golden ears are having a tough time deciding between them and the thick red solid foams. Liking them both!

May 4, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #3,536 of 7,442
The Red Blue foam is not comfortable enough for me. It rubs against my skin and makes wearing it uncomfortable. I love the thick red foams though. 

May 4, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #3,537 of 7,442
  The Red Blue foam is not comfortable enough for me. It rubs against my skin and makes wearing it uncomfortable. I love the thick red foams though. 

But RED BLUE foam is awesome for soundstage and tonality.
I am just luvin it :)

May 4, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #3,538 of 7,442

Well every combination has its ups and downs. Red/Blue foam IMO preserves most of the original sound while still providing some comfort/isolation benefit. Thick foam is definitely better for more comfort and isolation but as expected if suppresses some frequencies and soundstage.

May 4, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #3,539 of 7,442

Well every combination has its ups and downs. Red/Blue foam IMO preserves most of the original sound while still providing some comfort/isolation benefit. Thick foam is definitely better for more comfort and isolation but as expected if suppresses some frequencies and soundstage.

True, everything has its own trade offs(even a coin has 2 sides :D), it depends upon you which one you can compromise on.

May 4, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #3,540 of 7,442
True, everything has its own trade offs(even a coin has 2 sides :D), it depends upon you which one you can compromise on.

you can also roll it on its side :wink:

Twice better means nothing. What about the sound has changed, low mids or highs? Clarity?

it is more resolving, music sounds more musical etc but not that its a differrent sound its same sound but more reaolving almost or same as my flair audio r2a moded too. but scince earbud is open the sound of room mix with sound of earbud but i broke them i wouldnt do it if you know how to attach the cable to the plastic thing with superglue for example cause it will break like in a day or so. but its much better. i was going to sell it but this mod made it usable. now i might buy monk + and do same mod and maybe superglue cable. and maybe make bigger holes in front cap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back