2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #646 of 693
Regrettably NOT. Please respect the entry time stipulations as our sponsors need unhindered time to set up.
smily_headphones1.gif

With selling gear on the day setting that up on the sale table count as early entry to set up!?....?
smily_headphones1.gif

I will get an extra hour in bed then!  

No Tag DVD32R with me this time to set up.

Mar 31, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #647 of 693
We will have a security guy in the Quiet Room to monitor proceedings and subtlety enforce the quietude.

Mar 31, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #648 of 693

Just wondering, DVD32R being a CD transport with no DAC, out via coax directly into Hugo? You tried it?

Headphone-wise, eye on nothing directly, i use iems more, but interested in hearing aeons which listed here. Surprised, thought they were shipping late April.

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #654 of 693
GOOGLE is your friend! So please use it. :)

hmm i may need to bring hazelnut milk though, can never find out side of supermarkets.  is there a little tesco or waitrose nearby?

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #655 of 693
Anyone else planning on coming via train? Busing from the station to the venue involves a nice walk at either end, and seems to be around a 40-45 minute journey. Google suggests if leaving the station at 9:08 we can arrive for around 9:50. Buses appear to run every half hour after 8am.

Mar 31, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #657 of 693
Mar 31, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #658 of 693

Just wondering, DVD32R being a CD transport with no DAC, out via coax directly into Hugo? You tried it?

Headphone-wise, eye on nothing directly, i use iems more, but interested in hearing aeons which listed here. Surprised, thought they were shipping late April.

Yep, thats the configI used when I brought it to the Cambridge show back in 2015. Plus also tried it once or twice in Speaker set up at home when comparing Hugo my dads Mojo to see difference.

Hugo came out on top when used in a speaker set up every time so can only imagine how Hugo2 will sound in a speaker set up.
Tag -> Hugo -> headphones/ iems very good also, a natural transparent combination.

Shame there was not a non-flow version of the Aeons, as they have still kept the original Ether available as a non-flow model why not with the Aeon as not everyone thinks the Flow brings benefits to what was already a remarkable headphone.

Just would of been nice to have the option and also have another price point entry for those who could not still stretch to the flow price but still could maybe get the mod done later on.  Their website had even though taking pre-orders from January stated they would ship by 30th April so some more patient waiting to be done if you want a pair on release by looks of it.

Apr 1, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #659 of 693
FortisFlyer75 Yeah, living in the middle of nowhere and not driving is a bit of a pain at times.

Other than that, yes, I did end up at Headroom last Saturday, within the confines of this thread, I don't think the Utopias are worth anywhere near twice the price of the SEM1, actually quite disappointed considering the hype train...

Guess that kind of tells you that I'm not letting mine go anytime soon :) - did you get to grab a listen to a pair last weekend?

Apr 1, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #660 of 693
I suppose I'll put it out there at the 11th hour, if anyone is coming in from the east, via the A1 / A507 / A421 and has a spare seat...

If so, I would only be bringing myself, no gear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back