2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #511 of 693
I will be bringing the Sony WM1A to the meet Layman 
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #512 of 693

Mark (pedalhead) updates it fairly regularly. Is there anything specific that you're hoping to see/audition at the meet?

Excuse me hijacking this question lol. Just thought I'd mention some things. If you don't ask, you won't get
tongue_smile.gif

The things I would ideally love to hear:
Campfire Audio Vega
64 Ears Tia Fourte
Sony WM1Z (or A)
Onkyo DP-X1A (or the DP-X1 otherwise)
iBasso DX200
Empire Ears Zeus (or Spartan, Athena etc)

Secondary things:
Opus 1 or 2
Lotoo Paw Gold
Rhapsodio Solar or other Rhapsodio
Dita 'The Truth' IEM's and/or cable
Woo Audio WA-8
Cavalli Audio (any/all!)
Fiio X5iii
Shozy Zero

Forgot to quote in my last post!   

I will be bringing my WM1A to the show if you want a listen so if you have music on your micro SD card...

Mar 22, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #513 of 693

Mark (pedalhead) updates it fairly regularly. Is there anything specific that you're hoping to see/audition at the meet?

Excuse me hijacking this question lol. Just thought I'd mention some things. If you don't ask, you won't get
tongue_smile.gif

Campfire Audio Vega
64 Ears Tia Fourte
Sony WM1Z (or A)
iBasso DX200

Secondary things:
Opus 1 or 2
Lotoo Paw Gold
Woo Audio WA-8
Cavalli Audio (any/all!)
Fiio X5iii
Shozy Zero

I would have the Zero with me. Shame that my list was not updated on the first page.

I may have missed the odd post here & there. Could you let me know again please? Cheers.

Mar 22, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #514 of 693

I may have missed the odd post here & there. Could you let me know again please? Cheers.

Sorry, confused; are you saying you want me to post that list again here?
Or PM it to you?
Or you are talking about someone else's answer/something completely different?
tongue_smile.gif

Apologies, am in a bit of a daze at the moment after a long day lol

Mar 22, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #515 of 693
Completely unrelated, but as there are a few high end planar admirers on this thread, just wanted to mention if anyone gets a chance, you should definitely check out the new Ella planar magnetics from Blue. Got hold of a pair off eBay this week and they sound absolutely excellent.

They look like something from a 1980s episode of Doctor Who, but the sound with or without the onboard amplification circuit is pretty impressive - so much so my Meze 99s have gone up for sale already. Nice s soundstage for a closed back too.

Layman1 - not looking like I'll be able to make it as it stands, but if I do manage to pull something out of the bag, I'll bring the Vega on your list.

Anyway, back to the previous discussion! :wink:

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #516 of 693
Completely unrelated, but as there are a few high end planar admirers on this thread, just wanted to mention if anyone gets a chance, you should definitely check out the new Ella planar magnetics from Blue. Got hold of a pair off eBay this week and they sound absolutely excellent.

They look like something from a 1980s episode of Doctor Who, but the sound with or without the onboard amplification circuit is pretty impressive - so much so my Meze 99s have gone up for sale already. Nice s soundstage for a closed back too.

@Layman1 - not looking like I'll be able to make it as it stands, but if I do manage to pull something out of the bag, I'll bring the Vega on your list.

Anyway, back to the previous discussion!
wink.gif

Those Ella's look mental!  Must be good if you've put your Meze up for sale albeit the Blue is twice the price almost.  

If you do happen to make it would be great to hear your Doctor Who cans! 
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #518 of 693

Sorry, confused; are you saying you want me to post that list again here?
Or PM it to you?
Or you are talking about someone else's answer/something completely different?
tongue_smile.gif

Apologies, am in a bit of a daze at the moment after a long day lol

Nope I was replying to @Ra97oR who mentioned I hadn't updated the kit list with his gear.

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #519 of 693
Me too, I like it but it's nothing like the sky blue colour I ordered
smily_headphones1.gif

Did you order the duck blue?

Yes, ordered light turquoise but received dark turquoise!

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #520 of 693

Nope I was replying to @Ra97oR who mentioned I hadn't updated the kit list with his gear.

Lol, ok.

I'm not sure yet whether or not I can attend, but if I can, I should be able to bring the following IEMs:
Trinity Audio Phantom Master 4
Trinity Audio Phantom Master 6
Noble Katana (wizard version)

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #521 of 693
Well I will be definitely checking those Ella's from Blue I was impressed with their first venture in HPs but already had HE-6 so dynamic HPs were low on my list of interests.
I got email from Blue about those plenars but completely forgot about them. l;[] 
BTW did you get them on ebay UK or US?? and if you don.t mind telling how much did you play (total if from US so shipping and import taxes etc)

Mar 22, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #522 of 693
Well I will be definitely checking those Ella's from Blue I was impressed with their first venture in HPs but already had HE-6 so dynamic HPs were low on my list of interests.
I got email from Blue about those plenars but completely forgot about them. l;[] 
BTW did you get them on ebay UK or US?? and if you don.t mind telling how much did you play (total if from US so shipping and import taxes etc)

Snagged them at a good price - they are currently on sale on Amazon UK for £675 but I managed to get a 2 week old pair (with Amazon receipt) from a UK seller for a decent bit less than that in the end as he was selling as an auction.

Too early to say how good they are (and have no experience with midfi or TOTL over-ears apart from the AQ Nighthawks) but they definitely impressed me out of the gate.

Mar 22, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #525 of 693
Excuse me hijacking this question lol. Just thought I'd mention some things. If you don't ask, you won't get :tongue_smile:

Campfire Audio Vega
64 Ears Tia Fourte
Sony WM1Z (or A)
iBasso DX200

Secondary things:
Opus 1 or 2
Lotoo Paw Gold
Woo Audio WA-8
Cavalli Audio (any/all!)
Fiio X5iii
Shozy Zero
Oops, I'll bring up Dx200,80+IT03 if you fancy a listen. Just listening to Jonny Lang at the moment. Sounds brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back