2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #212 of 693
I will be bringing an Aune M1S, too.

I could try and dig out a FiiO X1 and X3 (both first gen) if people were interested, along with some cheaper IEMs (£30 range), but I'd prefer not to bring them unless there was a good interest in them.

Feb 23, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #213 of 693
I can't make a full prediction of my gear list, but it could be pretty cool. :) I'll definitely bring Meze 99 classics, a balanced DAC-amp, a DAP or 5 and a buttload of adaptors.

Feb 24, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #214 of 693
I will most likely be bringing in the rarer and odder stuff that I tend to have.

Currently have a STAX SR404LE, Audio Technica AD1000PRM, W3000ANV, and a Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart. Only universal IEM I have is a Shozy Zero.

Will also bring my Rupert Neve Designs RNHP headphone amp with linear power supply and Chord Mojo.

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #215 of 693
I'm just really starting my headphone journey but I'd really like to attend this. Do you think there will be things like DT770 Pros, Fidelio X2s (more lower range than some of things listed) that I would be able to try? It would be a great opportunity to help me decide on what to purchase.

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #216 of 693
  I'm just really starting my headphone journey but I'd really like to attend this. Do you think there will be things like DT770 Pros, Fidelio X2s (more lower range than some of things listed) that I would be able to try? It would be a great opportunity to help me decide on what to purchase.

If you go to the first page, the second post is where you can make requests for equipment.

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #218 of 693

Yep, if you want to try anything in particular, check out the highendheadphones.co.uk web site for their stock and we'll make sure they're brought to the meet. If they're not available there, it's worth just asking on here in case any other attendees can bring them along.

Feb 26, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #219 of 693
Yes it is for real. As despite many polite solicitations for raffle donations the only actual item donated by an audio manufacturer/retailer was a pair of RCA interconnects. All of the other `prizes' that were in post#3 had been donated by me and all be given away in the next few weeks as thread competition gifts.  

Quote:
  Is this for real?

Feb 26, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #220 of 693
That's a shame... With raffle. But if no manufacturer is willing to cough up thats the only reasonable decision.
Maybe we should have an small auction for those items and still donate to charity?

Feb 26, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #222 of 693
Much as a raffle is good fun, I'd rather the event itself be popular and hence fun for all who attend. If that is aided by 'buzz' in the thread, I'm all for that. Getting close now and I personally can't wait!

Feb 26, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #223 of 693
  Yes it is for real. As despite many polite solicitations for raffle donations the only actual item donated by an audio manufacturer/retailer was a pair of RCA interconnects. All of the other `prizes' that were in post#3 had been donated by me and all be given away in the next few weeks as thread competition gifts.  

Quote:
  Is this for real?

I tried to get quite a few manufacturers to donate, they were either non-commital or inconsistent. A shame really. I will be asking a manufacturer if it is okay to give away a review sample that I won't be using, so maybe that will go in the lead-up to the meet.

You could save one grand prize for a raffle. It would be a nice thing if even a little bit o' something could be given out at the meet and benefit charity. I'm surprised that Toxic and High End Headphones didn't want to give something away.

Feb 26, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #224 of 693
  I will most likely be bringing in the rarer and odder stuff that I tend to have.

Currently have a STAX SR404LE, Audio Technica AD1000PRM, W3000ANV, and a Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart. Only universal IEM I have is a Shozy Zero.

Will also bring my Rupert Neve Designs RNHP headphone amp with linear power supply and Chord Mojo.

I'm very much looking forward to the Rupert Neve amp. I missed trying that out at Canjam. Legendary, I hope.

Feb 26, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #225 of 693
Frank (Toxic Cables) wasn't approached for event sponsorship nor raffle prize donation. Paul from Highendheadphones is co-sponsoring the meet and offering a 10% discount on event purchases, so he's already being very generous in his support.

With both Epiphany Audio and Just Audio shutting down in 2016/17 times must be very challenging for smaller audio manufacturers.

I tried to get quite a few manufacturers to donate, they were either non-commital or inconsistent. A shame really. I will be asking a manufacturer if it is okay to give away a review sample that I won't be using, so maybe that will go in the lead-up to the meet.

You could save one grand prize for a raffle. It would be a nice thing if even a little bit o' something could be given out at the meet and benefit charity. I'm surprised that Toxic and High End Headphones didn't want to give something away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back