2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #167 of 693
It's climate controlled and has mains power too. Though no squatting is allowed. :wink:

Has the lock up got electric or do I need to bring my own generator? I have a great sleeping bag so that's all sorted

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #170 of 693
I'm down for this :)

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #174 of 693
Definitely adding this date to my calendar! Cambridge 2015 was awesome, and one of the best event t-shirts I've seen.

Headphones I'll be bringing:
HE-6 (unmodded, with a toxic silver poison cable and possibly comfier earpads)
HD650
Shure SRH1540
Shure SE846 (all three filters)

Source:
Questyle QP1R - I don't own any DSD tracks but I've been told the QP1R's DSD playback is exceptional. If you bring your DSD tracks on a micro SD card you can just plug that in and give it a try

Not sure anyone cares too much about hearing a Schiit Valhalla 2 and Bifrost with none of the extras?

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #175 of 693
I'd love to hear other people's Schitt. ...it's why Iam coming..:laughing:
Any kit by them would be great if you can bring it...Thank you....
A free Yaggy Dac if possible.....

I have just recently beefed up my power chain and had a good result..

http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/mains-conditioners-/329-isotek-evo3-isoplug.html
This worked well but more sparkle than huge difference..

http://www.airlinktransformers.com/balanced_power_supply/standard_balanced_power_supplies/BPS1500/

From following a CA thread and getting a UK version of balanced Iso trans...
Reading around people have tried different versions around the world over the years... What brought it to life was a DC offset bias filter....
My bargin of the year....

http://www.atlhifi.com/shop/fully-assembled-devices/dc-blocker-trap-filter-assembled-in-case/

Now no low level hum off the airlink and much better sound.....
How clean your own houses electrics are I don't know so improvements always depend on personal circumstances...
I am just an inexperienced bloke no electronics wizz or audiophile expert...

But this chain can be used on anyone's kit so now I hope I can add some benefit to you gents rather than hogging your gear....and stealing the best ideas...

I imagine a few people lists will change by the time we get to April...

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #176 of 693
I'd love to hear other people's Schitt. ...it's why Iam coming..:laughing:
Any kit by them would be great if you can bring it...Thank you....
A free Yaggy Dac if possible.....

Maybe we could ask the nice folks at Electromod / Schiit EU to attend? Otherwise I'll look into bringing my rig.

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #177 of 693
Is Mark Dolbear coming?
It would just be nice seeing him to thank him for sorting out My Mr Speakers Ether Upgrade.... Saved me a fortune on posting to the USA...
I am happy trying new stuff and meeting you all ...wish list kit is just icing on the cake...I still have to be dragged around Milton with the misses...shopping...

Dec 5, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #178 of 693
Mark & Paul have already discussed this and we plan to have good representation from Schiit at the meet 
wink_face.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back