2016 Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet March 26, 2016 - Hosted by Overture Audio - Ann Arbor, MI
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 22, 2015 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 283

zabzaf

500+ Head-Fier

Hi Everyone,

We're coming back...

The last Metro Detroit Head-Fi Meet in September 2015 in Huntington Woods, Michigan was a tremendous success!

Many friendships were made, equipment purchased, and connections built among this group of perfect strangers. For impressions and pics, see the Impressions thread.

Individuals from all over Michigan from Flint to Lambertville and from Sterling Heights to Holland attended the Troy and Pleasant Ridge Meets. Because of the response that we received from all parts of southern Michigan, we're going back to Ann Arbor!

Not only are we going back to A2, Overture Audio will be hosting the event again. For more on Overture, please visit their website here. This meet will be bigger and better than the last. We will be working with some vendors in an attempt to involve the manufacturing community at the Ann Arbor meet. Look out...there may be speakers there also! 

Door Prizes:

Keith, our gracious host and owner of Overture Audio, has worked with his vendors to make available the following gear as door prizes for many lucky attendants of the meet:

(1) ADL 118 - $278 retail
(1) Grado SR-325e - $295 retail
(1) NAD Visio HP50 - $299 retail
(3) HifiMan RE-400 IEMs - $199 retail
(2) Gift certificates from iFi Audio to choose 1 of 3 different iFi products

Thanks to ADL, Grado, NAD, HifiMan and iFi for providing these awesome door prizes for a few of our attendees!

Vendors:

Mike Marko from Nordoost will be present at the meet with a selection of high-quality cables from Nordoost. Be sure to check them out in your rig.

Date and Time:

March 26, 2016
11AM - 4PM

Cost:

Free

Overture Audio
2460 W. Stadium Blvd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
(734) 662.1812

Map:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Overture+Audio/@42.279074,-83.779536,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xa234e882488c7ea9

Main Contact:

Brian - zabzaf

Secondary Contacts:

John - kayandjohn
John - JEspina456

Other Event Notes:

1. zabzaf will contact the pre-registered attendees to get the Name, Address, Email, Contact number the week before the Meet, and will respond with the venue details.

2. At the meet, you would be required to provide a valid photo id when registering at the registration table. Your valid photo ID will be cross checked with the details provided prior to the meet.

3. You should bring an extension cord or power strip if you can (along with other cables necessary for your setup). Don't forget to bring your source as well as amplification.

4. Please be careful and respect other members properties, ask before you pull a phone out of a plug – some amps if they are not powered down before inserting or pulling out a jack have the potential to blow. Again be very careful.

5. Be on the watch out for power cords and headphone cable on the floor and tables, you can easily knock over equipment, or hurt yourself – if this is your first meet be weary the floor will be littered with cable.

6. Please restrict consumption of food or drinks to the designated place ONLY and place all trash in the plastic bags provided. PLEASE also wash your hands if it is dirty before touching anything.

7. No wet hair, or put anything in their hair at all (e.g. wax, gel, mousse etc) (Will be refused entry). Strong aftershave or deodorants are also not good. Also, clean in and around your ears. Nobody wants their cans covered with earwax.

8. No need to panic or spoil the mood (it's unlikely I'll run off with your $10k amp) - but leaving keys, wallets or expensive IEMs unattended might not be a good idea.

9. You must wear the name tag at all times.

Parking:

Although Overture has a good sized parking lot, it's likely to fill up.  Abbott Street that borders Overture's parking lot to the south will have some parking available, and there's a Walgreens just across Abbott from the store that should have some spaces available as well.

Finally:

Space will be limited and we anticipate a full meet so register early. To register, please PM zabzaf here.

Attendees:

AdamK89
AKGunkie
Audio addict19
Audio Guy
AxelCloris
canthearyou
Chad Rocco
elrod-tom
FrenchGuy
Greg121986
HAWKEYE7
hikaritenchi
Ian
immersifi
JEspina456
JWahl
Jude
kkrautbauer
krikor
Listen2
moonshine4EVER
MrTie84
musicman59
PETEREK
Pienche
Pierre-Charles Dubé
Ratfink5
sealykojac
storrgie
superfluke
timkwhite
tjl5709
Todd R
TOPnut
turismo
Turbo AL
updated
Venator2033
zabzaf
zach915m

Headphones:

AKG 242 HD (by Request)
AKG K3003
AKG K701 (by Request)
AKG Q701 (by Request)
AKG K702 w/Bass and Balanced Mod
AKG 7XX
AKG K550 (by Request)
AKG K551 (by Request)
AKG K545 (by Request)
AKG K553
AKG K553 PRO
AKG K612 (by Request)
AKG K712
AKG K812
ATH-M50
Audeze LCD-X
Audeze LCD-2 Balanced
Audeze LCD-2 w/Fazor
Audeze LCD-3 w/Fazor
Aurasonics ASG-2.5
Beyerdynamic T5p
Beyerdynamic DT-990 32OHM
Beyerdynamic DT-990 600OHM
Cardas A-8
Flare Audio R2 A
Flare Audio R2 S
Flare Audio R2 Pro
Foster T50RP Modded
Fostex TH-X00
Grado 80i
Grado RS2e
HifiMan RE-262
HifiMan HE-400
HifiMan HE-400i
HifiMan HE-400s
HifiMan HE-500
HifiMan HE-560
HifiMan HE-560 modded with FAW cables
HifiMan Edition X
Mr. Speakers Alpha Dog
Mr. Speakers Ether
Mr. Speakers Ether C
Monoprice 8328
Oppo PM-3
Phillips X2
RHA MA 750i
Sennheiser HD 598
Sennheiser HD 650
Sennheiser HD 700
Sennheiser HD 800
Sennheiser HD 800 with Anax Mod
Sennheiser HD 800 with SuperDupont Resonator
Sennheiser Momentum 2 Over Ear
Sennheiser Momentum 1 On Ear
Shure SE535
Shure SE846
Sony MDR 7520
Sony MDR-R1
Sony MDR-Z7
V-Moda M-100

Additionally, the vast selection of headphones carried by Overture will be available to demo.

Amps:

Allnic HA 3000
ALO Continental Dual Mono
APPJ 1502a
Auralic Taurus MkII
Cavalli Liquid Carbon
Fiio E10K
Bottlehead Crack Speedball
Decware Taboo MkIII
Eddie Current 445
Eddie Current Balancing Act
Fiio E09K
Gemtune APPJ PA1502a
Gustard H10
JDS Labs Altoid Amp
Matrix M-stage HPA-3b
Schiit Asgard 2
Schiit Fulla
Schiit Lyr 2
Schiit Mjolnir 2
Schiit Valhalla 2

Sources:

Adcom GCD-575
Aune X1s
Bookeloo Music Server
Chord Mojo
Fiio E10K
Fiio E17
Fiio X5ii
Geek Pulse X
Gustard X12
HRT Musicstreamer II
Parasound Zdac v.2
PS Audio NuWave DSD
Schiit Bifrost
Schiit Bifrost Multibit
Schiit Gungnir Multibit
Schiit Modi
Schiit Yggdrasil
Sennheiser HDVA 600
Sony NW-ZX1

Power/Cables/Other:

Audience aR2p XO
Audience Conductor SE
Cardas Serial Bus USB

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #2 of 283
Woo hoo!

I'll have Gustard H10, X12, 400i, K7XX, X2.
Possibly Grace m9xx and Fostex th00x

Oh, and I'll bring some FLAC files. Lol

P.S. someone bring Ether C

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 283
I'll have my Geek Pulse (Vanilla) and LCD-X at the very least. I'll update later with other stuff I'm bringing, my inventory is constantly changing so projecting for something like this is pretty hard.

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 283
I'll be there, with some new gear on the way. So i'll get a list as we get closer as I plan on ordering the AKG k812s and the N90Qs should be shipping around there. Excited for another meet!

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #6 of 283
I'm not sure if I'll be able to make this one. I'm moving down to Asheville, NC in January for a few months for work. Let me start looking into flights...

Maybe I'd be able to bring my Cavalli LC and Geek Out V2 as I'm sure my Ragnarok and Oppo BDP-105 wouldn't quite fit in my carry-on :)

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #8 of 283
I'll be there!
I was a complete NOOB to audiophile headphones when I went to The last Metro Detroit Head-Fi Meet in September 2015.
I met a lot of great people and learned a ton of information that made my first purchases, Shure SE535 IEMs and Sennhieser HD650's, much more targeted and informed.
I'm looking forward to learning even more about the various amps, DACs and components this time around.

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #11 of 283
Sorry I totally disappeared since getting the thread started! I'm going to get it updated this weekend as I've heard from everyone who posted on the thread as well as PM'ed me. Great to see some familiar names as well as a bunch of new ones!

Jan 6, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #12 of 283
No out of town soccer that weekend...I'm there!

Jan 6, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #13 of 283
I've started to update the thread with confirmed attendees and gear. All the confirmed attendees are listed and i'll get the gear up over the coming days.

Jan 7, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #14 of 283
I'll be there but at this point I am not planning to bring any gear....

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back