2013 best heaphone (Under 300) for music.
Aug 25, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #61 of 71
Quote:
So who here is looking for quiet and lifeless? 
size]
 Point is that you really don't want 1/2 the potential of this hp when you can have all of it. It's an ortho and needs power. Minimum is an A2 IMO. 

Indeed, don't pay full price, and only be able to get half of it's Poetienal 
Quote:
Mshenay have you ever listened  to the KEF? 

Nope, already stated that I think xD

Trying to get KEF to send me a review sample, and I am reviewing the ATH AD 900 or 1000x here soon. Audio Technica is sending my a review sample! I like the Ath a900x as well. It enjoys a warm amp though 

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #62 of 71
Quote:
I think the KEF are fantastic, I prefer the sound of the mad dog it but for a portable phone these are among the best I have heard.

And I have heard that the Kef are voiced simmilar to the Mad Dog which i DID NOT like [I had bad amps so I say that with reserverations] 

But I'm trying to get KEF to send me a sample, I doubt it will happen though 

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #63 of 71
Quote:
I think the KEF are fantastic, I prefer the sound of the mad dog it but for a portable phone these are among the best I have heard.

"Just when I thought I was out ... they pull me back in" - The Godfather

Do you realize how many times I've told myself "no more on-ear headphones"?  Well, way more than I care to count.

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #64 of 71
Quote:
That's what got me interested in the KEF, I found them similar in a way but The mad dog to my ears has such a warm, creamy and musical sound while the KEF had that but on a lesser scale. That's just to my ears though, How where to MD for you? 

The Mad Dog out of my Hifiman Hm 601 [Warm] and my cMoy [Warm] AND my Hybrid Tube [warm] 

Made the Mad Dogs sound like a well done steak tastes... BAD lol. but the mad dog is a warm can that needs a very LEAN very nuetral source, along with sufficent amping

They Mad Dogs had WAY to much body and Decay in the mids, and the treble was too recessed. But again if I amped it properly [like with my current gear] I might enjoy it more. But when I tired the Mad Dog, I had about $200 spread across 2 sources and 3 amps. my current set up cost me $400 for ONE source and ONE amp. So you get an idea of the money needed to amp the Mad Dog well [although the Mad Dog can sound good from "vintage" stero recivers, which can cost as low as $50 IF YOU CAN FIND one that is]

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #65 of 71
Quote:
I never had any of that lol even amped with some of the fiio amps. It maybe the case of us all hearing differently or your quality of hearing maybe better then mine! who knows. It certainly is interesting hearing other peoples opinions.

Indeed, consider that I'm legally blind and I can't taste or smell worth a damn, And that might be why lol 

my ears and sense of touch are the only things left that work any more >.> 

Aug 25, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #66 of 71
Mshenay I think you should only offer opinions on what you have heard and not tell people another headphone is good or bad unless you have listened to it enough to be able to make some comparisons and statements about it.

Aug 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #67 of 71
Quote:
Mshenay I think you should only offer opinions on what you have heard and not tell people another headphone is good or bad unless you have listened to it enough to be able to make some comparisons and statements about it.

In the mean time Mshenay did apologise publicly , due to lack of sleep / he reacted wrongly .. he admitted so.

As did he go through te honourable ritual of sending me a friendly PM with his apologies.

I hope reactions on this matter can end here as they're becoming offtopic and clouding it up even tho they make allot of sense.
By now people visiting this thread and reading through it wil get the point made.

Aug 25, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #68 of 71
Has anyone recommended the Beyerdynamic DT-770 yet?  Some people call the bass a bit excessive, but I don't really feel like the bass is too strong at all.  Plus, for an closed can, it does pretty good by having a wide soundstage.  Plus, the ear pads are quite comfortable allowing one to have longer listening sessions.

Then again, others have said the Audio Technica M50 was a headphone with strong bass, too.  I thought it was a bit anemic, or maybe the pair I had purchased were some cheap knock-offs and not the real AT M50?

Aug 26, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #69 of 71

In the mean time Mshenay did apologise publicly , due to lack of sleep / he reacted wrongly .. he admitted so.

As did he go through te honourable ritual of sending me a friendly PM with his apologies.

I hope reactions on this matter can end here as they're becoming offtopic and clouding it up even tho they make allot of sense.
By now people visiting this thread and reading through it wil get the point made.

I've heard the Mad Dogs, but ofc not the Kef M500. Still looking to find a pair to listen to. Any one know what big chain stores are selling them? I tried Brook Stone [Who Had the Parrot Zik -.-] any one try Best Buy yet? 

Quote:
Has anyone recommended the Beyerdynamic DT-770 yet?  Some people call the bass a bit excessive, but I don't really feel like the bass is too strong at all.  Plus, for an closed can, it does pretty good by having a wide soundstage.  Plus, the ear pads are quite comfortable allowing one to have longer listening sessions.

Then again, others have said the Audio Technica M50 was a headphone with strong bass, too.  I thought it was a bit anemic, or maybe the pair I had purchased were some cheap knock-offs and not the real AT M50?

I think so, the 250 ohm is apparently the most neutral and balanced, but Beyers are always a good recommendation. Super Tough headphones [I've dropped mine a few times, and it never bothers me due to the build quality] that and the Comfort is awesome, and the fit super easy as well! 

Seconded for the Dt 770 as well 

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #70 of 71
Quote:

I don't really know how anyone can think the M50's are anemic. The bass certainly isn't as texture or detailed as more expensive headphones and the mid bass is a bit much for my tastes. Overall, certainly not anemic.

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #71 of 71
Quote:
I don't really know how anyone can think the M50's are anemic. The bass certainly isn't as texture or detailed as more expensive headphones and the mid bass is a bit much for my tastes. Overall, certainly not anemic.

Agree'd and if you think it is Anemic I'd go see a Doctor about that as your haering might be kinda shot q.q Or your confusing mids with bass 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back