2006 releases -- what are you waiting for?
Nov 1, 2005 at 9:11 PM Post #32 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOERteun
Mogwai - Mr. Beast

Woohoo! Whens that out?

I'm hoping for a new Godspeed album... praying even!
rs1smile.gif

Nov 1, 2005 at 11:01 PM Post #34 of 62
not much is making me hold my breath, but i'm curious about the following:

The dB's - these guys had quite the following down south, back when Athens was the mecca for indie rock. they've gotta be freakin' old by now, but i'm dying to hear what they come up with. it could suck, it could rock.

The Darkness - i don't listen to them, but every time i hear them, they make me smile. their single last year was so well done, and they've obviously got a lot of talent, so i'd like to see if they can keep the momentum with album #2.

Nellie McKay - what i said about The Darkness.

Mission of Burma - Sure, the comeback of the Pixies was something to cheer about, but the return of MoB was spine-tingling.... and apparently not a one-shot deal. so that's cool.

Roxy Music - with Brian Eno? maybe? hopefully?

Stereolab - i am holding my breath about this one. Margerine Eclipse was their best album since Emperor Tomato Ketchup. if the next one is as good, i'll be a happy man.

Nov 1, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #35 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel
New Portishead!!?
I had no idea...any date yet?
As far as Metallica-i hate to say it...I love em to death...but they need to close up shop.
IMO, everything after "Black Album" (which wasnt all that great itself) was garbage.

Everything after the Black Album was indeed garbage, but I think this is their one chance to get it back on track before I will admit they have to give it up.

If they dont get it back on, they will lose almost all their fans, even the ones that stuck with them after the Black Album.

Nov 2, 2005 at 3:49 AM Post #37 of 62
There are a lot of intresting releases for 06 comming up, at war with the mystics is always anxiously awaited, the circulatory system's blasting through. I'd love to hear a new portishead record too.

Nov 2, 2005 at 4:12 AM Post #38 of 62
According to Chris Cornell, we can throw Audioslave into the mix (apparently they've written all the songs for their next album). Could be released by the end of this year, but just to be safe, I'll say that I'm looking forward to it in early 2006.

Nov 2, 2005 at 4:31 AM Post #39 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by nanahachi
Most looking fwd to:
Massive Attack
Portishead
Beck - Guerolito
Fugees

Others:
Outkast - Idlewild / The Hard 10
Wilco
Tool

What he said!
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2005 at 5:19 AM Post #40 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
According to Chris Cornell, we can throw Audioslave into the mix (apparently they've written all the songs for their next album). Could be released by the end of this year, but just to be safe, I'll say that I'm looking forward to it in early 2006.

I never thought id say this about a band i like, but these guys should take a little more time with writing their music.
Their albums are good, but I feel with a bit more work, they could be great.
The Audioslave sound has become a bit motonous to me. Ive been a Rage fan since Bombtrack was first released...I dont feel like the bands music has really progressed all that much.
As for Cornell, I can listen to him sing till the cows come home.
Anyone else agree?

Nov 2, 2005 at 10:04 AM Post #41 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall2072
Woohoo! Whens that out?

I'm hoping for a new Godspeed album... praying even!
rs1smile.gif

'Early 2006'

A new Godspeed album would indeed be awesome, but chances for that happening in the foreseeable future are rather slim. Their current project is called 'Silver Mt. Zion'.

Nov 2, 2005 at 4:01 PM Post #42 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOERteun
'Early 2006'

A new Godspeed album would indeed be awesome, but chances for that happening in the foreseeable future are rather slim. Their current project is called 'Silver Mt. Zion'.

Yup got all their albums too, there a few godspeed members doing other thing at the moment... i'm currently looking in them all...any plans for a new Silver Mt. Zion release? Constellation said that

"For the first time in our eight-year history, Constellation is sitting out a season and will not be releasing any new records this fall. Lots of great stuff is in the works, and we should be ready to announce some winter/spring 2006 releases soon, from bands already on the Constellation roster, and a number of new bands as well. We also plan to launch a special release series in 2006, which will open up new possibilities, projects and responses to a world that continues to be stranger, sadder and slimier than fiction"

I demand more Godspeed!
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #44 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax

Nellie McKay - what i said about The Darkness.

Check out:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/03/ar...ic/03nell.html

Basically, found out this morning that she split with Columbia... It has to do with Columbia not wanting to release a 60+ minute version of the album. Stupid... It was supposed to be out today. She does have a bunch of songs on the "Rumor Has It" soundtrack, though.

Feb 13, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #45 of 62
Well, thanks to the wonderful internet both the Drive-By Truckers and the Flaming Lips new discs are available. Officially they will be out sometime in April.

The Lips is a weird record (of course) but I really like it.

Still need some more time with the Truckers, but im digging it. Just nowhere near Dirty South/Decoration Day levels (so far.)

Happy hunting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back