$20 IEM's Recommendations
Aug 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

NineEleven

Head-Fier
Hey there!

I am looking for a decent pair of IEM's. I used Apple Standard Earphones and the ones included with My Samsung Galaxy S II but the built quality is crap. Cable problems all the time. 

So I thought I'd buy something a bit more decent. 

-$20 or less.
-Good build quality is a must. Cable must be sturdy.
- I listen to Metal mostly, but I also listen to Pink Floyd and Buckethead alot.
- And as for electronic music, I mostly listen to chillstep and downtempo music. I listen to Psy Trance occasionally.

I think that's it as long as they have good sound quality for the genres I mentioned and obviously good sound quality. 

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #2 of 22
Quadbeats sound good for you which can be bought for around $21 on a prettybay. They have good depth and a pretty wide soundstage. But, they might be lacking in ba amd fullss. It's more punchy than heavy full.

Aug 3, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #4 of 22
I just got some NuForce NE-600x for around $20 on Amazon. I'm very pleased with them for the price. They have a good soundstage for IEMs at this price level, and the bass is very full without being overly muddy. The highs are a bit recessed. The build quality is great, much more solid than any Sony IEM I've had, even ones costing 3x as much. They have a flat cable that resists tangling and feels very secure, and the junctions where the cable meets the jack and the earpieces are sturdy. 

Aug 4, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #7 of 22
A little more say
35 bucks....soundMAGIC E10   great for METAL

Aug 4, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #10 of 22
^^^^ Great choice also balanced sound....warm.... good for metal

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #12 of 22
Read some reviews and choose which sound you want.... Philips is cheaper....smaller casing

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #14 of 22
Any other specific models?  From other reviews, I see that they are focus on bass which makes metal and rock sound a bit less better.

I listen to Metal and Rock mostly but I listen to Chillstep and Psy Trance aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back