$20 battery DAC "similar" to Zhaolu :)
Jul 17, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #46 of 100
We should wait for at least one review before everyone jumps on it. Not that I'd accuse Eddie of false advertising, but saying that this new DAC is similar to the Zhaolu, which has beed ultra-hyped on this forum and is currently selling very well for Eddie, could be more of a marketing ploy than an actual statement of the unit's sound. I mean, "similar to the Zhaolu" could simply mean a similar sound signature, which wouldn't be nearly as much of a compliment to the DAC In The Box.

Jul 20, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #48 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal
Anyone else order one of these. I sent the paypal on Saturday and haven't gotten a ship notice or any email from Mr. Wu since.

I would not worry about eddie at all.Just send another e-mail if that would make you feel better.

Jul 20, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #49 of 100
Quote:

Anyone else order one of these. I sent the paypal on Saturday and haven't gotten a ship notice or any email from Mr. Wu since.

I ordered mine saturday also and he burned in the unit for 2 days and today, eddie sent me a tracking number and shipment. So i wouldnt worry about, you will get notification soon. Eddie is a reliable guy.

Jul 20, 2006 at 11:09 PM Post #51 of 100
Quote:

He wrote back and said it shipped on 7/19. I imagine it is a long wait for delivery from China to the US.

If it was sent speedpost you will have it in 3 days

Jul 22, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #52 of 100
I recieved it today. It is very small mabey 3"x2"x1". I am going to say too small to mod. I hooked it up via the included wallwart for a quick listen before work. It sounds better than the AV-710 I had been using. I will try battery power tonight. I think it was made by cirrus logic.

Jul 24, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #53 of 100
Quote:

I recieved it today. It is very small mabey 3"x2"x1". I am going to say too small to mod. I hooked it up via the included wallwart for a quick listen before work. It sounds better than the AV-710 I had been using. I will try battery power tonight. I think it was made by cirrus logic.

Is it better than DAC1?

Jul 24, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #55 of 100
Just recieved mine today and it doesnt sound too shabby.
smily_headphones1.gif
Comparisons to the my zhaolu d1.3 later on. Now i got to purchase myself an SLA battery for this really really small dac. Its about the size of an ipod nano to give you an idea.

Jul 26, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #56 of 100
Really really really interested in this.

Seems like a good "upgrade" from my Fubar, and save money too! Digital is better than USB (at least no issues with ground loops...).

I know batteries are far cleaner power than AC wall wart, but I don't like the idea of having it battery powered. Anyone know how to make a nice AC adaptor for this?

Jul 26, 2006 at 2:33 AM Post #57 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevC
Really really really interested in this.

Seems like a good "upgrade" from my Fubar, and save money too! Digital is better than USB (at least no issues with ground loops...).

I know batteries are far cleaner power than AC wall wart, but I don't like the idea of having it battery powered. Anyone know how to make a nice AC adaptor for this?

It comes a 120/240v "adapter". You mean make one to convert it to an internal PSU ?

Jul 26, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #58 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinwerm
It comes a 120/240v "adapter". You mean make one to convert it to an internal PSU ?

Hm. I thought you had to buy that thing. Anyway everything I read here says that battery is far cleaner (no noise etc) so I figure DIY quality PSU would be better.

Or maybe just an Elpac since I remember it being highly regarded.

Jul 27, 2006 at 8:29 AM Post #60 of 100
The connection between battery and charger pictured below our wee moss-hued device makes listening en route seem perilous going. I brake for gator clips, Sailor.

If someone linked to (or offered to confect) a battery solution as durable/totable as the DAC itself, I'd buy both faster than a vole can ululate gesang der chubhausenspiffenhefter. As things stand, I might have to pass (while standing).

By the way: Is the self-proclaimed "SUPER" DAC in Box as green as it appears on Mister Eddie's site?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back