2.1 Speakers/Monitiors + USB DAC for 12 x 11 Room $3,000
Apr 6, 2014 at 6:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

lubczyk

100+ Head-Fier
I have a small room (12ft x 11ft) that I want to fill with rich sound.

Maximum $3,000, but I would like a good deal and I'm willing to spend much less.

I listen to Dubstep, Trance, Electronic Dance Music, Rap, Hip-Hop, Rock, Internet Radio, Youtube, Movies & Videogames

I want speakers that have a great midrange with good details (treble) with a sub that I can hear (not feel) the deepest of subbass, I just want a pair of speakers and sub that can do everything well, not just bass.

This is for personal listening, not house parties.

Right now my speakers will be connected to my PC (Source Component) via a USB DAC like the Audioengine D1.

I don't believe in the Tube sound myth, nor do I care for Tube Rolling. I believe that Solid State is superior.

I hear Active Speakers (Bi-Amped) are pretty good.

Right now I'm looking at Adams A7X Speakers.

I don't know if I need an amp somewhere in the loop.

I don't know if speaker stands or a wooden desk is better, but I would prefer a desk setup.

I don't know what kind of subwoofer to get.

Whether the speakers or subs are made of wood or metal or plastic makes no difference to me, but if I had the I would prefer something that is well made, rugged and sturdy.

I'm not very knowledge about audio, but I would want some kind of easy and low hassle setup.

So what are some good Speakers/Monitiors/DACs/Subwoofers that I should be looking at?

Apr 6, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 2
Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1 or Sierra 2.

SVS SB-2000 subwoofer.

Then spend the rest on a Denon, Onkyo, or Marantz AVR with Audyssey MultEQ or MultEQ XT room correction. This will smooth the in-room response of the speakers and the sub. Setup the microphone at the listening position, and it will automagically configure most things. Unless you are setting up a dedicated listening room with room treatments, this will be the better option over a separate DAC and integrated amp.

Connect to your PC using HDMI if you have it. Or use optical out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back