2.0 setup, Swan H4 vs airmotiv4/5 vs T200b
May 9, 2013 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

xenide

New Head-Fier
I've been researching 2.0 setups for my PC for awhile now and I've come up with the following list of potentials:

1. Emotiva Airmotiv4/5
  2. Swan H4
  1. Swan M200MKIII (Out of stock everywhere)
  2. Swan T200b
  3. Audioengine A5+

I've been seriously considering the airmotiv4/5 and the Swan H4. I've read that the A5+ isn't as good as the airmotiv, so it's pretty much off my list.

I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with both the Swan H4 and the airmotiv4/5? Haven't found any in depth reviews of the H4, but I've read that it's on par (or better) with the M200MKIII.

I'm also wondering if the extra couple hundred bucks for the T200b is worth it? Definitely read that they're amazing speakers, but I don't know if they're worth the additional cost over the H4 or airmotiv4/5

One thing I do like about the H4 is the upgradeability in that you can add onto the system easily later on with the H10 sub/more H4's.

May 9, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #2 of 2
I have heard the Airmotiv 4s, but not the 5s. Definitely an excellent value for the $314 + shipping current price.

Are you set on powered speakers? I use the Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SEs with an HK 3390. 6.5" drivers that have excellent transient response and great midbass. If you want future upgradeability flexibility, passives are the way to go. In a smaller amp, the Emotiva mini-X a-100 would be a good match for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back