1964 Ears
Jul 26, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #5,161 of 7,417
I am considering purchasing the 1964 v8 universals. My reference for comparison would be the dunu 1000 which I own.
Could you give a brief comparison between the two, and more importantly which one has more bass and soundstage?
Thanks

Jul 26, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #5,162 of 7,417
  I am considering purchasing the 1964 v8 universals. My reference for comparison would be the dunu 1000 which I own.
Could you give a brief comparison between the two, and more importantly which one has more bass and soundstage?
Thanks

I auditioned them both but did not A/B. From memory, the v8 has very big bass contributing to its smhw thicker sound as compared to the dunu1000. Dunu has faster bass, more controlled but the v8s, although it has more bass, the mids are still clear and the highs extended but smooth. So to me IMO the v8s beat the dunu in pretty much everything apart from the bass just because I think the bass its a bit too much for me. But the soundstage, instrument separation, detail I'd give it to v8s. They sound more refined to me. If you like bass, then v8s would not be a problem if you don't, look into the v6stage

Jul 28, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #5,164 of 7,417
I posted some impressions of the entire 1964ears lineup for anyone interested:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/728310/7-26-14-seattle-redhook-meet-impressions/15#post_10749991

1964ears provided demos for me to present at the July Seattle Head-Fi meet which gave me a unique opportunity to listen through their lineup for an extended time frame. Please note that I was unable to get a sustained proper seal on any of the units so take my notes for what they are. I just wanted to try to provide what value I could.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions.

Jul 28, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #5,165 of 7,417
So I'm trying to decide between the V6's and Noble audios 4C's. Can anyone help me out with a comparison? Namely the sound signature and clarity.

Jul 28, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #5,166 of 7,417
  So I'm trying to decide between the V6's and Noble audios 4C's. Can anyone help me out with a comparison? Namely the sound signature and clarity.

I have never heard the 4C's to compare, but in listening this weekend to the V6 compared to the V6 Stage, the Stage is a significant upgrade in clarity for only an extra $50. The V6 is thicker/warmer and the Stage has a more balanced signature with sparkle on top without losing the bass impact. That sparkle opens up the sound stage for better instrument separation with a more natural sound. The resulting sound is a full sized TOTL HP quality that puts you in the front row or on stage.

Jul 28, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #5,167 of 7,417

I have auditioned the v6s and have only read about the N4s. Both has different signature, I am not even sure the N4 has a signature though because from what I've read, its a neutral sounding IEM. N4 is usually compared to likes like er4s,im02 for details. One thing for sure is that V6s will have more bass. So it all depends on you. These are customs set of iem, would you like a reference sounding neutral sort of sound or more engaging intimate sounding of v6s? Heres a comparison you can read of the N4 and V6s from Jokers review.

http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/noble-4s/

Jul 28, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #5,168 of 7,417
  I have auditioned the v6s and have only read about the N4s. Both has different signature, I am not even sure the N4 has a signature though because from what I've read, its a neutral sounding IEM. N4 is usually compared to likes like er4s,im02 for details. One thing for sure is that V6s will have more bass. So it all depends on you. These are customs set of iem, would you like a reference sounding neutral sort of sound or more engaging intimate sounding of v6s? Heres a comparison you can read of the N4 and V6s from Jokers review.

http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/noble-4s/

Do you keep referring to the N4 and 4S and 4C interchangeably? If so, I don't understand why (maybe it's because I'm new to IEMs) Do they use the same drivers or something? 

Jul 28, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #5,169 of 7,417
  Do you keep referring to the N4 and 4S and 4C interchangeably? If so, I don't understand why (maybe it's because I'm new to IEMs) Do they use the same drivers or something? 

Yes, they are using the same drivers with the same sound sig. The 4s is relatively more expensive because its made of silicone and 4c made of acrylic. Noble 4 is universal iem, you can always audition them first to see how they fit to your liking. I reckon the customs 4c and 4s will have better fit and isolation hence, no need to power the volume so loud to hear details.

Jul 29, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #5,170 of 7,417

I was also considering the 4C's , but after emailing Brannan he suggested the 5C's for my sound preference. Maybe this will help you some. But at this price point, it puts me into the V8 realm. Tough choices.

"Judging by your description of what you are looking for, I think the 5C would be the best choice. The 3C is not as refined as the 5C and the 4C is quite linear (neutral) sounding. The 5C is actually our bass heaviest configuration, so they are definitely fun with lots of energy."

Jul 29, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #5,171 of 7,417
I was also considering the 4C's , but after emailing Brannan he suggested the 5C's for my sound preference. Maybe this will help you some. But at this price point, it puts me into the V8 realm. Tough choices.

"Judging by your description of what you are looking for, I think the 5C would be the best choice. The 3C is not as refined as the 5C and the 4C is quite linear (neutral) sounding. The 5C is actually our bass heaviest configuration, so they are definitely fun with lots of energy."

V8s has very big bass, i doubt the 5c would have same amount of bass as the v8. I'd say 5c is more towards analytical side of things though with better bass than 4c and sounds more refined than both 3c and4c. Both are very good phones, in the end it all comes down to preference. How much of bass will heavily depend on you. I for one would take the v6s over the v8s any day because I feel the bass of v6s is more than enough plus its airier and has clearer mids but thats my preference. I strongly suggest you try them out first before making a decision, its ciem, if you dont like it resale price would not favour you much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back